Menu

Home Vacation - Pipe Leaked - Much of house 'not' good.....

Got in the house at about 6pm last night and dd8 rushes to go to the bathroom in dd10's room and she yells out, 'Hey! the ceiling in the bathroom and bedroom are all over the floor!' DH and I go running in and the ceiling has fallen, the walls are buckled, the new berber is sopping wet. We run up to the kitchen (dd10's room is directly below) and the kitchen floor is buckled and water is trickling from the dishwasher.

We call a plumber, we call the Water Clean Up guys (they are here now) -- long story short: the water main was shut off but the plumber says the shut off was faulty-- it had been leaking for a week since we left last saturday. The water guys came in with all sorts of instruments -- there is mold - dd10's bedroom, bathroom, the new den we just finished in July are all totalled - they have to be dried, demolished and re-built. The kitchen is pretty much totalled as well (although it 'looks' fine) there is mold, and the floor has to be ripped out, cabinets ripped out which means countertops, ets.

The water/mold guys were here all night -- the plumber will be back here in any minute -- 'mold mitigator' is due any moment --we will have to re-locate to a hotel for I don't know how long.

I have to get our books and stuff packed up so we can h/s 'wherever' we are -- hotel, library, wherever.

Prayers and good thoughts are welcome and coveted! Will keep in touch -- I am thankful this is manageable and not something where we were injured or harmed --

We are having SUCH a good start to our school year.....that makes me even more determined to plough ahead.

AND: We had the most wonderful vacation -- met up with "danybug's" family in OBX and what a nice family! So GLAD it was a good week away, b/c right now we are NOT having fun!

Edited by MariannNOVA

Oh no! My MIL went through this with a leaking water heater in the attic. Totaled 3 of her rooms completely and one of the walls in the kitchen she had just had remodeled. Not the situation any one wants to come to. I hope you are able to get everything fixed up quickly.