Menu

Ds is asking for Spanish!

FairProspects

My ds loves Handy Manny (not necessarily the most educational show in our arsenal, but it is fun and he loves to build things) and since hearing the Spanish words on the show, he has been asking to learn Spanish. Can anyone recommend a good conversational Spanish program for a K'er?

I don't want something with reading/writing as he is just learning to read English. I wasn't planning on starting foreign language for a couple of years, so I am completely unprepared on this front, but I thought I would check it out since he is so interested. What are some fun Spanish programs that have worked well for your littles? Fun will be a necessity as he is already being seriously challenged in learning to read and write. Inexpensive would be great as well! Thanks for your help!

We have been using the Muzzy program. DS (5) and DD (2) watch it after breakfast while I am clearing up and getting ready for the day. It is WONDERFUL. We are working on French because that is what everyone in my family speaks. We watch 75% in French and 25% in English. My DD greeted me with "Bonjour!" this morning. The kit they have right now comes in 5 or 6 languages. We have really enjoyed it.

We have done La Clase Divertida (1 & 2) without the workbook with success. Ariel loves the cooking projects, and the art projects are nearly always a hit. She especially loved making a papier mache pinata at the end of level 1.

:iagree:

We did 1 last year and the kids loved it. I enjoyed it a ton also. Highly recommend it!!

Elementary Spanish on Discovery Streaming! We are in our third year and still really enjoying it...and it's video based so I don't have to do the teaching. :) I have a Spanish degree but with two younger brothers behind him it is great to be able to "outsource" something so the littles get some Mommytime, too!

Also through The Homeschool Buyers Co-op you can get the basic subscription to DS for not much more than many one year Spanish curriculums - plus you will have access to 1000's of other educational videos.