Menu

Vibrating alarm watches to improve time management

klmama

I've asked this on the other boards, with no response, but maybe this is the one with the experts! I have heard of using vibrating watches to help kids (and adults!) with time management skills, but I've never seen them. If you or your dc uses one, would you please share what kind it is and what you think of it? Thank you!

Guest Shawnana

Sorry, I can't help either; but I would sure like to find a watch like that for my ds. We have a visual timer. I set it for a certain time and you can see the bright red color slowly disappearing. Then a beeper sounds when the time is up. It's kinda cool but the watch sounds better because it would always be with him. I'll try to search the web for one...

I can only offer speculation since I don't own one of those watches nor does my dd, but I do carry my cell phone around often in my pocket. Many times I put it on vibrate mode when I go to church and forget to take it off and I will get a call that causes the phone to vibrate and it makes me jump from being startled! hehe I am certain that if a watch is able to cause that same effect that there would be no child who would be unaware of what time it was. :)

I've heard about them, and heard that they work well for certain kids. they sorta work like the pagers did when you put them on vibrate. But you need to be able to set it to vibrate every couple of minutes. In my daughter's case, every 2 minutes :D If you find them, let me know :)

I've asked this on the other boards, with no response, but maybe this is the one with the experts! I have heard of using vibrating watches to help kids (and adults!) with time management skills, but I've never seen them. If you or your dc uses one, would you please share what kind it is and what you think of it? Thank you!

OT catalogs carry them. Try googling watch ADHD vibrating. I think it will come up. I researched these, decided to buy one, and inadvertantly bought one that beeped instead of vibrating. (It was a sports watch.) I may try again with the ADHD ones.