Menu

Favorite Kid-Friendly Recipes?

MommyRyan

Hey all,

I'm looking for some ideas for "kid-friendly" recipes to help entertain my young kids and still get them some nutrients. I'll share some of my own, see if I spur anything:

we have make-your-own pizza night with a homemade veggie filled red sauce

I cut pancakes, waffles, french coast, and english muffins into long strips and blend some dipping sauces, usually served warm:

strawberry banana cream cheese

maple peanut butter

homemade preserves with greek yogurt

Do any of you have ideas to make meals fun and keep them healthy?

The kids like to choose recipes from Pretend Soup. We'll shop for the ingredients together if we don't have everything we need, then they're the leaders in most of the preparation, by following the drawings and easy directions. It's included Pretend Soup (orange juice base, with different fruits, yogurt, and honey thrown in and eaten as a soup), zucchini moons, popovers (we added homemade jam), a raspberry-based fruit dip, and others.

Erica in OR

My kids will eat pretty much anything they prepare. We use kid and regular cookbooks. Most cookbooks are pretty easy to read and understand - so we'll find something that looks good and try it out. Also - marketing is big for kids - I use those pop up umbrellas (for tropical drinks) on plates, fruit on kabobs, fun napkins, silly shapes, etc. just to make it more fun.