Menu

Is there a way to turn off the smilies box when writing a post?

I find that I am greatly distracted by the movement on the right hand side of the screen. My old eyes just can't handle it!

Please don't get me wrong: the smilies do offer interesting "punctuation" in a post. It is the movement of the critters when writing that is incredibly annoying to me.

Jane

I'm sorry. I looked around, but I don't see anything. The only thing I could find was a way to avoid seeing smilies in the posts that you read.

Bummer for you.

(I'm loving the smilies!)

Thanks for looking around. This may just be one of those processing issues for me. I can't bear to watch most music videos and modern action movies because the camera moves too quickly! As I write, I find that I am constantly looking at the movement in the right side of the box. Think I'll email the administrator and ask for a reprieve.

Jane

could you write what you want to post in the quick reply box, then highlight what you have written and use your toolbar's edit button to copy? Then delete and hit "go advanced", and all you have to do is copy. Then you can do any tweaking with the features, but you won't have the movement bothering you for long.

HTH

As of now there is no way to turn off the smilies. We may be able to address that with the next upgrade. In the meantime, I can change things around so the non-moving smilies are on the first page. Anyone who wants to see the animated smilies will have to click "More." Would that help?

As of now there is no way to turn off the smilies. We may be able to address that with the next upgrade. In the meantime, I can change things around so the non-moving smilies are on the first page. Anyone who wants to see the animated smilies will have to click "More." Would that help?

For me that would be wonderful. Will there be complaints, however, given the popularity of the new smilies? (Somehow I sense a debate about the rights of a minority vs. the rights of the majority.)

Obviously the ball is in your court. Thank you for your prompt response.

Jane

Thank you! By having mostly fixed smilies with a few displaying minimal movement, I believe a compromise has been made. I think that I can handle this!

You are very kind.

(whispering) me, too. Thank you SO much for moving those party guys!