Menu

Question about Easy Grammar

HSMom2One

I purchased the Teachers Edition, and at the time I bought it my friend was with me and she explained that she slips a piece of paper between the pages to cover the teacher side, and then has her son write the answers on a separate piece of paper. Doing this, she explained, the book is non-consumable and can be re-sold.

Is this the common method? I'm looking at the book and thinking -- heck -- I want to use a slip sheet like my friend suggested and then just have dd write her answers in the book. Seems worth it to me to not either buy more paper and/or make copies each week of her pages. (Tonight, that seems like a real pain and not worth the extra cost and time compared to the resale value of this book.)

What do you do?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I had the spine cut off and 3ring hold punched so it's in a binder now. That makes copying easier although it won't have any resale value but I wasn't worried about that. I just wanted to make it easy to use with all the kids without buying 3 copies. Your friends suggestion sounds great though and would work fine with a child not prone to look at answers on the other side while you're out of the room (one of mine would totally do this. lol).

I forgot to mention that my friend said that the workbooks are really meant to be used by families with more than one student. She's been hs'ing for a lot longer than me, and I took her word for it.

I'm still leaning toward using the TM as a consumable. In fact, I just read in Timberdoodle that that is what their family does. It says that they use a slip sheet of construction paper and each child does their own work on the honor system, then grades their own. Guess that cinches it for me!

Thanks WTM friends,

Lucinda