Menu

Calvert Music

Lovedtodeath

It's not a "baby program" but yes it is designed for younger elementary. I would say that if your children don't already know a lot about music they will learn a lot from this program even if they are 2nd or 3rd grade. I myself have learned a ton and when my boys are just watching the video for fun I find myself sitting down to watch also even though I've seen it all many times before. My boys watch the videos over and over, because they love them that may be one reason they have retained so much. They also lOVE music and I believe that is partly due to the fact that they begin watching the videos for fun when they were only around 2yrs. Now they are in 1st - they don't feel that they are babyish at all. But let me add that they don't watch TV so that may make a difference in what they like. I also have the Melody Lane (older) program but I don't think there is alot of difference, except that the new one comes with instruments. We added alot of instruments on our own as we went along. I feel that this program has been one of my best home school investments.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the video all ready to play in the morning when we are eating breakfast. DD saw the first minute or so with the mayor of melody lane before he talked to the stringe family. She said he is creepy and she will not watch them. She was yelling at me and trying to cry and going on and on that he is stuck in her head now.:nopity::001_rolleyes:

So I got the video all ready to play in the morning when we are eating breakfast. DD saw the first minute or so with the mayor of melody lane before he talked to the stringe family. She said he is creepy and she will not watch them. She was yelling at me and trying to cry and going on and on that he is stuck in her head now.:nopity::001_rolleyes:

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that! You might skip ahead to the lesson on Rhythm - it's a woman teacher working with an older boy (he's probably about 10-11 yo). She is in a few lessons after that too. There are a number of different teachers. Once she gets used to the format maybe she'll warm up to it? You can always go back to the instrument/orchestra lessons at a later time.

Good luck, Ann

Well watch the videos by yourself because the professor is not in all of them there are 2 other host a man and a woman who are very normal. My son says he thinks the other man is in tape 3 and him and the woman are in 4,5, and 6. If you go through them you could make note of which lessons they are in.My suggestion would be do those lessons first even if that is not the order they are supposed to be in. Your dd may enjoy them so much that she will be ready to watch the professor after those. You could also just let her watch those lessons for fun not do any activities(mine enjoy just watching) then go back and start at the beginning when she sees what it is going to be like. Hopefully she would like so much that she would want to see all of it. The professor really is not bad after you get used to him. I hope this helps we really have enjoyed this program and my boys knew so much when they started music classes.