Menu

Substitute for Mara, Daughter of the Nile

jibaker103

Tales of Ancient Egypt by Robert Lancelyn Green

Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare

Tirzah by Lucille Travis

How about searching the library for anything on Cleopatra, King Tut, Egypt, etc...?

We are doing BF Ancient History Sr. High level so he is already reading Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt, Tales of Ancient Egypt, The Cat of Bubastes, and the Bible. I was looking for a novel to replace Mara, Daughter of the Nile to use DITHOR, discuss using Teaching the Classics, and have him write a IEW Unit #9 Critique.

A bookstore.

(O, perish the thought !)

One last try:

http://www.bethlehembooks.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=677&category=Living%20History%20Library

(I'm assuming that Egypt is a required element.)

I know!!!! But I told myself I can't spend anymore money until preparing for the next semester!!! :lol: I've dropped a pretty penny and $$$ is very tight right now!!!

God King is not at the library either. Guess it's time for me to learn how interlibrary loan works now. :tongue_smilie:

Skipping sounds good to me ! . . . I assumed that OP was using some program that had a "do or die" Egyptian-themed writing assignment.

If OP belongs to a co-op of any kind, or has any connections with other local homeschoolers, she likely could borrow whatever book she needs from another family.

Skip it?? (Sorry, but none of the titles listed feel like do or die reading to me.)

Probably not at all helpful, but if you were looking for permission to move on without a read aloud....now you have it. :tongue_smilie:

Skipping sounds good to me ! . . . I assumed that OP was using some program that had a "do or die" Egyptian-themed writing assignment.

If OP belongs to a co-op of any kind, or has any connections with other local homeschoolers, she likely could borrow whatever book she needs from another family.

I don't know about anything that is do or die except maybe paying your taxes!! :D

I'm stuck out here in a small TX town. :tongue_smilie: I don't belong to any associations or co-ops and I do not know anyone around my sons age who homeschool. It's pathetic, I know!! :lol:

I don't know about anything that is do or die except maybe paying your taxes!! :D

I'm stuck out here in a small TX town. :tongue_smilie: I don't belong to any associations or co-ops and I do not know anyone around my sons age who homeschool. It's pathetic, I know!! :lol:

If you ever are truly desperate, you "know" me now, and I'll lend you a book from Carrollton via "Inter-Homeschooling Loan" !

If you live in Travis County, or Williamson County, are you allowed to obtain a library card for one of the larger towns? (Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, etc.)

If you ever are truly desperate, you "know" me now, and I'll lend you a book from Carrollton via "Inter-Homeschooling Loan" !

If you live in Travis County, or Williamson County, are you allowed to obtain a library card for one of the larger towns? (Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, etc.)

I'm in Hutto which is Williamson County. Don't have a clue where Carrollton is but willing to take you up on your offer and make it work when the need arises!! :001_smile:

I have to pay $40 per yr to get the RR library card and after several months they decided it was ok to give me the TX Share card. I'm not sure how it all works though. :confused: I think with the card I have to physically go to a particular library that accepts the card and inter-library loan they request the book from other libraries who participate and wait gosh knows how long for the book to come in!! :lol:

Carrollton is a "burb" of Dallas. I live w/in walking distance of the post office ! I really don't mind lending books.

I don't know what is a "TX Share Card", so am off to look that up.

I'm in Hutto which is Williamson County. Don't have a clue where Carrollton is but willing to take you up on your offer and make it work when the need arises!! :001_smile:

I have to pay $40 per yr to get the RR library card and after several months they decided it was ok to give me the TX Share card. I'm not sure how it all works though. :confused: I think with the card I have to physically go to a particular library that accepts the card and inter-library loan they request the book from other libraries who participate and wait gosh knows how long for the book to come in!! :lol:

I can let you borrow mine. I would like it back at some point in time. There would be no rush at all. I mean to say that if you need it for a year, that would be fine. If you are interested, let me know and I can send it right out to you.

Lisa thank you so much for the offer!!! I definitely want to take you up on it and I will only need it for about 2-3 months tops. I will pm you!