Menu

Feeling My Age~

My dh took me to a buffet restaurant for lunch yesterday. When we slid our tray in front of the register, the young man asked, "So, like, do you get a senior discount?". After catching my breath, I replied, "Well, we are certainly old geezers, so maybe we do!" He gave us the discount. I am officially a senior. :nopity: When's graduation? :D

On rare occasions people will assume I'm the age I am or an age very close to it. BUT, I like to think about all the ones who are convinced I'm not just younger - but MUCH younger! A couple months ago, a young couple actually had their jaws *hit the floor* when they learned my age - I am about fourteen years older than they thought. That same week, another lady was totally convinced that I was her age at the oldest and probably a year or so younger - which made me in reality seventeen to eighteen years younger than I am!

Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder how I ever got to this age - I don't look it or feel it. Then there are days when I look in the mirror and am positive that I look at least a hundred years older than I am . . . With everything we have been going through, it doesn't surprise me when I feel like I've aged a LOT. I am thankful for the days I don't feel so aged and thankful for the times when others seem to agree!