Menu

How tech savvy are we homeschooling moms and dads?

How tech savvy are you? Which items do YOU own and use?  

1. 1. How tech savvy are you? Which items do YOU own and use?

• Cell phone
    • iPod or mp3 player
    • SLR camera
    • Laptop
    • GPS
    • HDTV
    • Wii/Xbox 360/Sony Playstation/Nintendo DSi/Sony PSP
    • HD camcorder
    • Printer/copier/scanner machine
    • GPS

The ones that I don't use are not because I can't or don't want too, it's because I don't have the money for them.

We have a digital tv, but we don't get broadcast tv or cable (we just use it for movies), so no need for a digital recorder like TiVo. I would like a Netflix/Pandora Radio ready bluray player, but it won't work properly with our satellite internet. We don't have the money for GPS or satellite radio (those monthly fees are killer).

Everything but the camera here. I would have an SLR camera if I had the money for it, but it's not in the budget at the moment.

Dh is the techie. We had a fax machine in our house before most people knew what they were. We have seven computers and everything is networked, wireless, and we can send stuff to two different printers from anywhere in the house.

So, yes we're technical, but it is him more than me. Of course, why should I be since he is? I just say, 'here honey, show me how it works'.

I have a cell phone, but only because dh made me get one.

I have a laptop and its all mine.

I have the fancy printer/copier/etc because I just bought it last week - before that, I had an 8 year old $30 printer. I would still be using it if I could understand why it refuses to take orders from my laptop (but listens to every one else's computer). Before that one, we had the kind where you insert the holes in the paper ream into the winding things to feed the beast.

I have an mp3 player... and I even have music on it! But mostly I listen to books on it.

We have a camcorder, don't know if its the one you're asking about, but I have actually used it once or twice, so I checked it.

The Wii - we've got one, and I do have a wii-fit acct on it, but my little person fell asleep a really long time ago, and she'll probably stay that way, so I didn't check that one.

I use dd's camera, don't have one of my own and I have no idea what SLR means!

Not tech savvy here. Just trying to fit in. :D

Edited by LauraGB