Menu

Dark Siders: Any favorite bible study guides?

Jane

I'm not on the Calvinist boat as of yet, lol, but I love pretty much everything by John MacArthur or John Piper. MacArthur's Bible Commentaries (individual, NT/OT or one-volume) are all really good.

Any favorites from John Piper? I've loved everything I've read by him. I own the John MacArthur Bible.

Elizabeth George.

You ladies crack me up. You recommend authors instead of titles. The last group study I did was EG (didn't realize she was a dark sider though), any particular favorites of yours, Mommaduck? I like to hear what others loved. :bigear:

You ladies crack me up. You recommend authors instead of titles. The last group study I did was EG (didn't realize she was a dark sider though), any particular favorites of yours, Mommaduck? I like to hear what others loved. :bigear:

I am borrowing A Woman's High Calling.

I own:

* A Woman's Walk With God

* Beautiful in God's Eyes

* Loving God With All Your Mind

* Putting On a Gentle & Quiet Spirit - I Peter (yeah, still working through this one, can you tell :lol: )

* Growing in Wisdom & Faith - James

The one I'm borrowing has a study guide to buy with it. The last two are part of her A Woman After God's Own Heart fill-in-the-blank Bible study series. The other three are more reading/studying with questions asked, but not "fill-in-the-blank".

I don't like most Bible studies, especially those pressed towards women. I'd rather read the Church Fathers. Elizabeth George is the exception to the rule.

Thank you everyone! While I originally asked for a good bible study guide, I found myself also delighted by the book recommendations. This is just one of those seasons in my life where I am craving more than just my traditional bible study. I go through these stages. I love it that there is some duplication in recommendations because it is always a good sign. Heather, you gave me a new author. Mommaduck, I love your thorough list and it's very different from the others.

:)