Menu

Some snapshots of our first day of school. :)

In spite of a little frantic scrambling to get my schedule ready, today went off well without a hitch. Dd was happy and enjoyed school with the exception of a very sleepy math time. Note to self, do math BEFORE lunch, not after. ;) We finished on time right before ds's bus brought him home. It was a good first day. Now, if we can just repeat this 167 more times we'll be good. ;) :p

Sounds like you are off to a good start. That was nice to give her some first day of school presents! (Or was the chocolate for the teacher?:) )

LOL I wish!! She ate half of her chocolate bar already and didn't even offer me one piece! hehehe We are using the Primary, Secondary school designation so today was her first day of Secondary school (7th grade) and since she homeschooled over summer and just finished 6th grade only 2 weeks ago I wanted to make it special to get her (hopefully) enthusiastic about another year of school so quickly. She was happy and enjoyed her new supplies. The new curricula we chose for this year went over really well also which was great!. She enjoyed the Winston Grammar and the MOH which were both new for us this year so I was happy about that. :) I am hoping and praying that we can keep on schedule this year and finish school when ds does on June 15th. She deserves to have a summer break. She's schooled over summer the last 3 years but now that we are caught up to the right grade level in Singapore, I'm hopeful that we can finally have a long (and well deserved) summer break in 2110. :)

Hey, my ds12 just finished 6th grade 2 weeks ago and we started 7th today too! (But I didn't get him any presents - shhhhh! Don't tell him he missed anything.)

lol I won't. ;) :) wow! What are the chances that we both did the same thing! Did you do summer school for the last 3 years too?

Awwww! That looks so fun (especially the chocolate)! Thanks for sharing the pics, and congrats on finishing a great first day!

Thank you. I absolutely LOVE your quote in you signature btw. :)

What a neat calculator! I bet she was tickled with all that cool stuff! I love your school rules, too!

LOL Thanks. Gotta have the rules with this one! hehehe I got that notebook a few years ago and I was in Kmart one day and saw their back to school sale and they had that calculator there and I thought it would go perfectly with her notebook. She did like it very much. She liked the doll most of all though. I told her it was her study buddy. ;) :p

Fun! Thanks for sharing =)

Anna

mom of 5 in NE

:) Thanks.

Aw, thanks for sharing! I almost opened this with my kids in back of me. :::glances furtively::: :::whispers::: No one tell them other people give gifts on the first day.

LOL I'm glad that they didn't see. I won't tell them. ;) hehe

Thanks for sharing. I love all the new stuff. I'll bet it made the first day extra fun!

It really did. Thanks. :)

Love the pictures. I am glad that everything went well today.

I was wondering what is she is using. It looks interesting.

Jan

Thank you for your kind comments. :) Now if all the rest of our days could go as well. :D In the picture where she is writing, that is her language arts book. She's using LLATL for 7th grade (green book)

This is the rest of what we are using:

Singapore NEM & LOF

MOH vol. 1

Trail Guide to World Geography & Geography through Art

BJU Life Science

Spelling Power book G

Winston Grammar

Spanish Now

Piano

CLE Bible

Edited by Ibbygirl

So glad you were able to start today as you were planning! You're such a great mom for giving gifts... that's a wonderful idea, and I'm going to steal it for next year! :D

Glad you're off to a good start!

Please do! :) I did! :) I would typically give my dd new school supplies and a toy, but I never thought of putting all together like a present for her to find when she wakes up. This mom is the one who gave me the idea to make the welcome back sign and to make it seem like a celebration to start school. When I saw her pics I knew I wanted to do something like that. :) http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122167

Edited by Ibbygirl
Don't forget to put the link! Don't forget to put the link! Don't forget to put the link! You forgot to put the link!!