Menu

Breakfast and Lunch in the Car

We are going to be eating breakfast and lunch in the car on Thursdays, and I'm trying to come up with some car-friendly ideas.

What I have so far:

Granola Bars

PB&J

Cereal in a ziplock

Fruit

You can see why I need help. :tongue_smilie: Anybody want to share what's worked in your family?

One mom at our church used to make pancakes (or had pancakes) and put peanut butter on them... rolled them up like borritos... kids love it.

You can also make ham wraps and put them into individual serving baggies and have htem in a cooler. Pretzels & fruit make good sides for this too.

You can cut up carrots & celery into strips & put them in ziplocs to go with the wraps. Toss a few bags into a cooler.

We always make cheese biscuits (or small grilled cheese) the night before (can add a little sausage or ham in them). Microwave them just before you leave or eat them cold.

BTW... no sauces, no drips.... tuck all the trash in the ziploc baggie & toss back into the cooler. Easy clean up. For those who are more frugal, keep the ziplocs and wash them to reuse.

You can see why I need help. :tongue_smilie: Anybody want to share what's worked in your family?

My mother's answer was ham or salami and butter sandwiches and apples.

Our answer, thus far, has been snacks of cobbler bars and mozz cheese sticks, plus nuts, dried apples and water.