Menu

Just bought my new running shoes........

I went to a local running club's website where they recommended a few stores. The salesman was an avid runner and extremely knowledgable. I paid over $100 for my shoes though, so I guess all that wisdom he was sharing has its price. I normally wear size 7 shoes and he said I needed an 8 for running. I went with Nike Zooms. I'm about to try them out a soon as my dinenr is digested. I've been wearing them around the house and they feel marvelous so far! I feel so guilty. I have never bought a pair of shoes that cost that much. Ever. I was just in so much pain after that last run, I knew I had to figure out what was going on.

You pay for what you get. Running shoes cost a lot but are worth the money. Sounds like you went to a place that knew what they were talking about.

If these work out for you, next time you can buy them online. You can save some money that way. It's not a lot, but they can go under $100 sometimes.

Do not skimp on running shoes (or tennis shoes, or track shoes, or any sho that fits for your sport)!

You pay for what you get. Running shoes cost a lot but are worth the money. Sounds like you went to a place that knew what they were talking about.

If these work out for you, next time you can buy them online. You can save some money that way. It's not a lot, but they can go under $100 sometimes.

Do not skimp on running shoes (or tennis shoes, or track shoes, or any sho that fits for your sport)!

:iagree::iagree:

I picked up some running shoes today too.

The first place I went to had a sign in the window: EVERYTHING 50% OFF. I was elated but quickly disappointed when I found the store full of merchandise but locked.

I went next door to Coldstore Creamery and was told that they are usually there. Hmmm...

It was noon and I hung around until 1 PM since I was on my way to the allergist who didn't open until 1 PM.

I called the running shoe store when I left the allergist and there was no answer.

I ended up going somewhere else and spending $111.

I'm looking forward to trying out my shoes tomorrow! It will be my 3rd run. I'm on week one. This is all a new and exciting experience for me. I'd been running in a pair of walking shoes.

I ended up going somewhere else and spending $111.
That is exactly what I spent. Sorry the sale didn't work out, but it was nicely located next to the Coldstone to make up for the disappointment :001_smile:.

If these work out for you, next time you can buy them online.
That is what I told myself. Now that I know what I need.

Sometimes you can buy online but often times the shoe manufacturers have changed models. Here, we buy at least twice a year, more depending on if a swimmer is also doing track. We just did the stock-up trip and no one has the same pair of shoes as last time. My dh (runner, not swimmer) had to change because there was a new model. Everyone wears their worn-out pairs in to the running shop and has the heels examined. We try the new shoes-running or walking around the lot with someone watching our stride. It's always been worth the money. Saves on pt, doctor's appts. and frustration.

Have fun with your new shoes.:001_smile: