Menu

Cancer diet from Naturopath... could use some more help.

I am having trouble with what to snack on and how to eat vegetables.

I cannot have them raw right now and though I do love them steamed I would like some variety. We think I will be able to handle raw veggies/salad within a couple of weeks, but I don't know how to make a salad without a sugar or dairy based dressing. :o I would love suggestions in that area.

No sugar (pure maple syrup and xylitol), very little organic dairy. Spices are fine. No canned soups, nothing white or refined (rice, flour, etc.). No red meat, no pork. Fruits and vegetables must be low glycemic. Eggs are fine. I am allergic to turkey, sweet peppers, tomatoes, yeast and alcohol.

Any snack or meal ideas are appreciated. :) Also if anyone has an idea of how to make a normal meal for the family with sauces and what not and modify it for my needs that would be great, as DH is very bored with dinner. (I don't care that much, he is allowed lots of food that I am not. :tongue_smilie:)

Edited by Lovedtodeath

-Looks like you would do well on a diet like The Candida Cure.:D I have really enjoyed my beans lately. I made a dressing for my salad with Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise, raw & unfiltered organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Vegizest (vegetable soup base mix), and a little powdered acidophilus. I mixed it to desired taste and it was great over some black beans and lettuce. I even put it in a whole wheat pita (my bad) with beans. There is no sugar or dairy in any of those ingredients.

- Greek style yogurt also has about half the sugar of other low sugar organic yogurts, about 7 grams per serving. it's really thick and can be used to make sauces, dips, etc.

-Also check out Agave nectar for a sweetener, it's natural, I use it in my oatmeal. I know there are plenty of other uses.

-Have you thought of juicing some veggies?

Maybe I can think of some actual recipes later. Time to refuel:tongue_smilie:!

My friend, Amber (an ND), has great recipes on her website. I'm particularly fond of the kale and carrot, and beet salads.

Otherwise, I love roasted root vegetables and asparagus, tossed with a little apple cider vinegar and olive oil. They're delicious with brown rice or quinoa.

eta: the kale salad is "cooked" with Braggs aminos (not sure if that counts as raw or not) but the beet salad is steamed.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Olive oil and vinegar is what I normally have, usually red wine vinegar, but sometimes rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar. You can also mix up your oils, avocado oil and apricot oil are nice.

You can make a dressing with avocados and rice milk that is also yummy.

You can also make a mustard based dressing with either rice or oat milk and dry mustard (sold w/ spices in little bottles.)

If we're out somewhere and they have no olive oil and vinegar, I'll just eat my lettuce plain. After a while, you get used to it.

If you cook up a whole chicken, you can make a nice gravy with oat flour. Also, marsala chicken might work.

My friend, Amber (an ND), has great recipes on her website. I'm particularly fond of the kale and carrot, and beet salads.

Otherwise, I love roasted root vegetables and asparagus, tossed with a little apple cider vinegar and olive oil. They're delicious with brown rice or quinoa.

eta: the kale salad is "cooked" with Braggs aminos (not sure if that counts as raw or not) but the beet salad is steamed.

Thank you! I could use some recipes.

-Looks like you would do well on a diet like The Candida Cure.:D
Candida is one reason I am on the diet that she has chosen. Is there a recipe book?

What really stinks is that I am on this for a month and then everything will change. :confused: I will go on a totally different diet to reduce the load on my organs after this.

There are some recipes in the book. I just checked out a copy at our library. I am always dealing with Candida.
I got rid of it for years after having my adrenals taken care of. I stopped going to ND's or taking their advice and have gotten my body into a right mess.:glare: When my adrenals were messed up I couldn't get rid of it for long at all.

From Fatigued to Fantastic and The Candida Wellness Center were big helps. Both of the doctors actually talked to me personally about my problems too.

Now I am so glad that I have my ND, and mad at myself for ignoring my health and then turning to Western Medicine for 2 and a half years. (Keep symptoms under control, make overall health worse.)

Edited by Lovedtodeath