Menu

Need Dm/Dd Bible Daily Devotion Suggestion

HSMom2One

10 yo Dd and I will be starting each morning together with a combined time of devotions. She will be getting some Bible with TOG, but I would love to find a good life application type of study that would be interesting and meaningful for a pre-teen girl and adult mom.

Dd has been doing some really great Bible lessons with the Explorer series independently up until now. This is a critical year for her, I believe and so I've decided to be a little more involved than I have so far. I want to foster an environment that helps her understand God better and hopefully come to a place of personal ownership of her faith.

Does anything come to mind as you read my thoughts? If so, I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I hope you get some good ideas and I'll be watching . . . I bought (but have not yet rec'd) Kimberly Hahn's More Precious than Jewels CD set. Hahn is Catholic but I think she may have made this study b/f she came to The Faith. I plan to listen b/f I do it with my daughter to see that it's appropriate and can let you know. It's really for becoming a Godly wife and mother but as those are my daughter's goals and b/c I haven't found anything I like better . . . we'll see.

I saw one set of used tapes available on amazon. The new cds are fairly easy to get.

Maybe Doorposts' Polished Cornerstones? It could last you now through, well, adulthood ... It has projects for ages 5+ (I'm going to start with M-girl when she turns 5) It isn't exactly a study, more a collection of ideas & resources, Bible memory work, and projects to do with the goal of training Godly young women. All of this is arranged topically. (There's a boy version too, obviously you don't need that, but someone else might).

I love Doorposts!

Maybe Doorposts' Polished Cornerstones? It could last you now through, well, adulthood ... It has projects for ages 5+ (I'm going to start with M-girl when she turns 5) It isn't exactly a study, more a collection of ideas & resources, Bible memory work, and projects to do with the goal of training Godly young women. All of this is arranged topically. (There's a boy version too, obviously you don't need that, but someone else might).

I love Doorposts!

It looks wonderful and I'd love to get it, but why is it so expensive? That seems like a crazy price for a spiral bound book. I'm new to Doorposts, so will have to look over their site and publications.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Hmmmm ... I haven't actually *used* it yet, although I'm starting some planning for using with M-girl starting on her birthday. The price seems reasonable to me for the 572 pages, but I have 2 girls to use it for and am starting at the beginning. Maybe Angela in Ohio will see this post ... I know she uses Polished Cornerstones with her girls.

Were you able to look at the *.pdf file? It shows you what each chapter looks like. Starting with Bible verses and then gives many ideas starting with ideas for young girls all the way up through adult women. Some of them are references to other Doorposts materials, some of them to other book to read, some of them are ideas like, "talk to your father about ..." "talk to your mother about ..." "Study this in the Bible ..." etc. There are also charts related to some of the recommended activities.

I have used other Doorposts materials, and they have all been helpful to me and my small children.

I'm using Making Time for God:Daily devotions for Children and Families to Share. I find it to be execellent because all my children can listen in and I can get something out of it. We end up having long conversations about how the devotional pertains to them in their life.