Menu

Favorite baby sling?

That's very pretty.

The most popular Mei Tais are the BabyHawk, Kozy Carrier, or at least they were for at least the past 3 years. For comfort and peace of mind (for safety), I always suggest one of those. Oh, and FreeHands just got bought out by my friend from Denver, so they're back in production now!

I'd check over at the babywearer.com for reviews on the Tie One On, I think they're ok, I think they've been around awhile, just not as popular as the above.

- former sling shop founder/President of www.attachedtobaby.com :)

I like my Maya Wrap for a sling. In the newborn phase, I really liked the stretchy Moby wrap. Since about 15 pounds, I've been using a Didymos silk wrap and a Kozy. The Kozy is actually not all that cozy, but it's what I have. I'd love to be able to afford a kindercarry, as I understand that they are more comfortable. Ergo's are great for a pack type carrier and I just ordered a kinderpack for the baby as a bday gift for myself.

So, um, what age baby and what do you want to do with it? Also, what is your price range?

So, um, what age baby and what do you want to do with it? Also, what is your price range?

Baby girl is due in October. We'll still have outdoor sports so I want something to hold her close and warm (I worry about their legs getting cold in the Baby Bjorn). Price range, I'd say under $50.

Baby girl is due in October. We'll still have outdoor sports so I want something to hold her close and warm (I worry about their legs getting cold in the Baby Bjorn). Price range, I'd say under $50.

Then I would go for a Moby Wrap. You can buy them used at http://www.thebabywearer.com for about $20. Her legs will froggy up when she's first born and after that, she can wear baby legs. They are so adorable. :) I've found that once the baby reaches about 15 lbs, the Moby isn't as comfortable, but some people use them a lot longer.

There are a ton of videos on how to use the Moby. Or find someone who has one that is willing to show you. I'm sure they would love to show another person how to wear their baby.

Let us know what you decide on. I love wraps and sweet babies.

My two favorite kinds of slings are the ring slings (I have a Maya wrap and some homemade ones) and the BabyHawk mei tai. I use the ring slings until baby can hold his head up pretty well. Then, I switch back and forth between a ring sling and my BabyHawk (using the ring sling primarily at the grocery store or when I need to get the baby in a sling quick).

My second son spent most of his infancy in a BabyHawk since he refused to be parted from me. I also have huge babies (my second son was 10 lbs 12.5oz) and the BabyHawk helped spread his weight over both my shoulders. I could also put him on my back more comfortably with the BabyHawk--then I could do chores, fix dinner, and interact with my daughter while still giving my son mommy-contact.