Menu

Red "Search" button?

The search button has always been there. People have been saying they didn't know how to search the forums. We're hoping the red will be more attention-getting.

I used to use the Search function to find my posts, but when I search my name ("elinor") it only takes me to threads in February or earlier, and doesn't list the past couple of days that I have posted.

That's because it only finds your name in the text of a message, like if I happen to say, "Hi Elinor Everywhere!" Now when you search for your name tomorrow, you'll find this one.

To find all the posts that you posted, regardless of whether your name appears in the text, click on Search, then Advanced Search, then type your name in User Name (top right of screen), then scroll all the way to the bottom (an annoying step!) and click Go (or just press Enter after you type your name). This will bring you all the posts that you posted!

That's because it only finds your name in the text of a message, like if I happen to say, "Hi Elinor Everywhere!" Now when you search for your name tomorrow, you'll find this one.

To find all the posts that you posted, regardless of whether your name appears in the text, click on Search, then Advanced Search, then type your name in User Name (top right of screen), then scroll all the way to the bottom (an annoying step!) and click Go (or just press Enter after you type your name). This will bring you all the posts that you posted!

Or just find your name in the members list, click on it, and click on "find all posts by..." It will list them from the most recent backward.