Menu

Need recommendation: Washer/Dryer

We have an LG washer that was here when we bought this house 10 mos ago -- I've had good success with LG in the past but either this machine is a lemon or the previous owner did something to it:smash: that has the machine all fouled up.

Any recommendations for front loader washer and coordinating dryer? TIA

We have a GE set...in red. I LOVE it! It was relatively inexpensive, and works great! I don't have any trouble with stinky towels, etc. that a lot of people complain about with front loaders. I do run the sanitize cycle with my towels, so maybe that's why? I would definitely buy this set again! :-)

thanks --Had not thought of them. I also always run the sanitize cycle for towels and there is no stinky smell problem -- if I don't do sanitize for a couple of towel cycles, they will smell.

I also use something called 'affresh' once a month to supposedly 'clean' out the washer - one of the repairman suggested it, and the salesman told us a few years ago when buying a front loader to keep the washer door open when it's not being used - and now that the kids are big enough, and the laundry room is far removed fron the rest of the house, I can do that.