Menu

Yet another trip to the hospital today.

My 4 year old son with sickle cell spiked a fever last night and developed a cough and chest pain. We spent 8 hours in the ER last night. Today we return for his second dose of Rocephin. His cough is worse and his fever is higher. I am hoping it is not the flu or pneumonia.

Following the ER, the little lady I am caring for has a doctor appointment and visit with the social worker. I hope someone can figure out something to improve her situation.

Thankfully a homeschooling friend of mine is taking my other children for the day. They will get a break from hospitals and all the drama of this week. I don't know where things go if my son needs to be admitted. I guess we will figure that out if the time comes.

He does not have pneumonia. He is wheezing a good bit though, so they redid the x-ray and drew blood again. He is on oral steroids for five days and is getting nebs every 4 hours. We have the hematology cloninc tomorrow morning and his third dose of Rocephin.

The doctor and social worker who examined "little lady" documented the marks again and will be making their own calls to DCFS. I really appreciate our doctor. She really listened to me today and encouraged me quite a lot. I have always felt so much support at this hospital. I suppose that is a benefit from all the time we spend there.

He does not have pneumonia. He is wheezing a good bit though, so they redid the x-ray and drew blood again. He is on oral steroids for five days and is getting nebs every 4 hours. We have the hematology cloninc tomorrow morning and his third dose of Rocephin.

The doctor and social worker who examined "little lady" documented the marks again and will be making their own calls to DCFS. I really appreciate our doctor. She really listened to me today and encouraged me quite a lot. I have always felt so much support at this hospital. I suppose that is a benefit from all the time we spend there.

I am so glad he doesn't have pneumonia! As I do daily, I am holding you in my thoughts. Hang in there, Cathy. We all love you and really appreciate, and are inspired by all you do for these children.

Hugs.