Menu

So we put in an offer on a foreclosure home -- how long before we hear something?

It's been over 48 hours, and not a peep.

Is this good news or bad news?

I need to just :chillpill: but I'm SO excited! It's really and truly our dream home, there's all kinds of history with us and this house -- it sure *feels* like it's meant to be ours, but of course the bank might not understand that. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, I understand. 14 years ago we bought a foreclosed house and did all of the repairs ourselves over the next 10 years until it was everything I ever dreamed of.

The actual purchasing process took forever, but I held onto my conviction that that house was meant for me.

I hope it all works out for you. It is such an exciting time!

Oh, I understand. 14 years ago we bought a foreclosed house and did all of the repairs ourselves over the next 10 years until it was everything I ever dreamed of.

The actual purchasing process took forever, but I held onto my conviction that that house was meant for me.

I hope it all works out for you. It is such an exciting time!

Oh, yes, it hardly looks like a dream home at the moment; it's actually quite a mess! But I can see right past all of that. It just says home to me, which our current house, although lovely and a good investment, NEVER has.

It could be a couple of weeks.

Weeks, I think I could handle. Months, that might discourage me.

It's not as if I don't have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime; although I'm finding it hard to focus, and the cats are learning *not* to get between me and a ringing phone. :auto:

It was pretty quick, a few days<?>, for the bank to approve our offer (we agreed to the asking price only asking them to pay for the home maintenance plan the first year). We had a little more trouble actually purchasing it. Boy it was stressful! It was our first home purchase. Anyway, our foreclosure had very little wrong with it and the price was great (about $18K less than the house next door which is half the size!). Mostly, we like it. Hopefully yours goes pretty smoothly.

And we countered the counter offer . . . and will probably have to wait until Monday to hear anything.

:toetap05:

Gives me more time to get our current house ready for market, I suppose. I'm not good at waiting patiently. :tongue_smilie:

Y'all are very kind to be excited for me.

If it has already been foreclosed on and the bank owns it, they should tell you in just a few days. If it is still in the process, or is a short sale, it could take weeks or months. We've been looking at short sales and foreclosures lately too. We found one we LOVED this past weekend. It has just come on the market. We put an offer and it already had three contracts submitted. :glare: Grrr....they move quickly around here.

here in SoCal, if it is a short sale, it could take months. friends had 3 offers on their shortsale house in april, and its august and the bank still hasn't moved on any of them. but if its a foreclosure (and i'm guessing it is because that's what you said), then it seems to move much, much faster.

hth - good luck!

ann