Menu

My day thus far...

Feed baby. Make coffee. Find baby eating overripe pears such that pear goo is spread across LA floor, baby, etc. Magically, cleaning baby off leads to discovery of near-catastrophe diaper.

Bathe baby. Bathe toddler, who jumps in baby's bath fully clothed. Dry & dress baby. Dry toddler, who jumps out to use bathroom, screaming that she still wants the bath, has to go potty, is cold, & wants to do it all herself.

Suddenly it's noon, so feed baby *again.* Begin dishes w/out dw. Big kids scream that baby's dumping lincoln logs (which, thankfully, float) into toilet & fishing them out. At same time, toddler screams because she's trapped herself in the doll stroller.

Clean baby up, save toddler, unstop sink, retrieve lincoln logs, disinfect, continue dishes.

Realize it's LATE & go to get littles for naps. Realize I haven't nursed baby since the AM, 2yo hasn't been to the bathroom since her bath, & the phone rings.

Go back to dishes & realize I forgot to put babies down for naps. Pick up 1yo, who once again has a catastrophic diaper, is covered in some kind of pear slime, clean him up, remember I was going to nurse, sit down w/ him, & the screaming starts again.

2yo wet the floor. Also, Mom's in town & sis is pg & hormonal. And dh has to order workshirts & wants to know what color. :lol:

Feed baby. Make coffee. Find baby eating overripe pears such that pear goo is spread across LA floor, baby, etc. Magically, cleaning baby off leads to discovery of near-catastrophe diaper.

Bathe baby. Bathe toddler, who jumps in baby's bath fully clothed. Dry & dress baby. Dry toddler, who jumps out to use bathroom, screaming that she still wants the bath, has to go potty, is cold, & wants to do it all herself.

Suddenly it's noon, so feed baby *again.* Begin dishes w/out dw. Big kids scream that baby's dumping lincoln logs (which, thankfully, float) into toilet & fishing them out. At same time, toddler screams because she's trapped herself in the doll stroller.

Clean baby up, save toddler, unstop sink, retrieve lincoln logs, disinfect, continue dishes.

Realize it's LATE & go to get littles for naps. Realize I haven't nursed baby since the AM, 2yo hasn't been to the bathroom since her bath, & the phone rings.

Go back to dishes & realize I forgot to put babies down for naps. Pick up 1yo, who once again has a catastrophic diaper, is covered in some kind of pear slime, clean him up, remember I was going to nurse, sit down w/ him, & the screaming starts again.

2yo wet the floor. Also, Mom's in town & sis is pg & hormonal. And dh has to order workshirts & wants to know what color. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you. You helped put my day into perspective for me. :tongue_smilie: Hope your's gets less crazy!!

It's a combo party-tomorrow & long-day-yesterday.

Mom's in town for work from out of state, but she's still an hr away. We drove out there to see her, hoping to have lunch yesterday, but planning to run a couple of errands (there's a hs bookstore there) & take naps in her hotel rm, then have dinner.

It was a disaster. One of the hottest days of summer, mediocre air in the van, baby drops sippy cup in parking lot of hs store, just as the bag of books to sell breaks. I grab his cup, scoop up books, barely make it in the store & am greeted by an oblivious little old lady who tells me, "Oh, the lady who buys books is out today. You'll have to come back tomorrow."

Actually, the store just moved, so we first went to their old location, then here. And the new store is cramped, & baby can reach EVERYTHING, so he's reading about spelling, hist, grammar, etc, faster than I can put it back, & 2yo's screaming that she wants some books to read, too. That's after I switched their seats because he was pulling her hair.

So we finish there, get everybody back in the van, drive across town to mom's hotel, & it's 3:30, time really for them to get up from their naps, not go down. We get everybody out & realize we left the diaper bag at the hs store. It closes in an hr, the baby's leaking, & I don't have a spare. So we load everybody back up, drive back across town, get the bag, & try to think thankful thoughts that we're not working w/ the guys building the highways, etc.

Get everybody out, up to the rm, laid down, & they start vacuuming the hallway AND the rm next to us. For like 15 solid minutes.

Then mom calls. She's done & can go home, IF she has a ride (she & her boss have been sharing a rental, & boss was staying another hr). So get everybody up, shoes back on, down the stairs, in the car, buckled, & mom calls. Nevermind. She's on her way.

Thinking she's walking & thinking that having buckled the kids in, I have to go somewhere, I head over to get her. She calls again. She's at the hotel.

And from there, it went downhill. Mom had a bad day, & heat stresses her out, & she doesn't handle kid goo well. When it's hot, they're gooier.

I had forgotten life on the other end of the number line :O)

Just think...with 4 dc, you have a better chance of someone eventually cleaning up your peary goo in a few decades:lol::lol:

Ew!!! It took me 3 rereads of this to figure out what you meant &--EW!!!

But, um, yeah...if I turn out to be a pear-filching old lady who leaves a smeary trail of evidence behind me, hopefully my kids will...huh...there's not a good way to end that sentence. :001_huh: :lol:

"Just think...with 4 dc, you have a better chance of someone eventually cleaning up your peary goo in a few decades"

That's my thought as well -- with 4 daughters and 1 son, I am hoping that one of them will put me in a good nursing home and come wipe drool from my chin.....once in awhile.:glare:

TO AUBREY: Approx 2 summers ago, you wrote (hysterically, I might add) about you taking three little kids (your dd was an infant, I think) to the airport to see your mom who was passing through. There was (I'm not really clear at this point) some mix up with airlines, gates - whatever, but your bookstore/hotel experience ranks right up there with your airport experience. :001_smile:

And, how is that cake coming?

"Just think...with 4 dc, you have a better chance of someone eventually cleaning up your peary goo in a few decades"

That's my thought as well -- with 4 daughters and 1 son, I am hoping that one of them will put me in a good nursing home and come wipe drool from my chin.....once in awhile.:glare:

TO AUBREY: Approx 2 summers ago, you wrote (hysterically, I might add) about you taking three little kids (your dd was an infant, I think) to the airport to see your mom who was passing through. There was (I'm not really clear at this point) some mix up with airlines, gates - whatever, but your bookstore/hotel experience ranks right up there with your airport experience. :001_smile:

And, how is that cake coming?

LOL!!!! I hadn't made the connection, but...it's my MOM!!! (And anyone who knows her will agree.)