Menu

'SOTW' - questions....

MariannNOVA

I searched a recent thread (thank you SS in Md. for asking my question - it saved me time :001_smile:)....we are doing middle ages and we are using HO-Middle Ages.

I will have to purchase SOTW 2 -- I am SO attracted to the price of the previous edition :drool5: (yes, that is me drooling over the very affordable price) -- is it a big deal that the maps in the previous edition are not the updated maps? :confused: .....I mean, as long as I have updated maps on hand. I would love to have to spend only $6. per copy.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the Activity Guide (revised edition) for SOTW 2 -

In the student maps (the ones the child fills out) are the oceans and seas colored gray? My dd has trouble distinguishing the land from the oceans sometimes, so this would be a plus for her! We have the non-revised AG for SOTW 2 and I'm wondering if we should buy the new version... thanks!!!!

I have a question about the Activity Guide (revised edition) for SOTW 2 -

In the student maps (the ones the child fills out) are the oceans and seas colored gray? My dd has trouble distinguishing the land from the oceans sometimes, so this would be a plus for her! We have the non-revised AG for SOTW 2 and I'm wondering if we should buy the new version... thanks!!!!

We have the revised AG, and the oceans and seas are not colored gray.

Blessings,

Laura

Don't mean to hijack the OP, but I had another question :-)

I wanted to buy SOTW 2 audio cds. I already own SOTW text (original), how different are the revised audio cd from the original text?? I can buy the original audio cds (Barbara Alan Johnson) used, but would prefer to buy new (Weiss) ones if they correlate OK.

Thanks for the help!

If it's just the maps updated, couldn't you just buy the studen pack(s) with the updated maps? I too have SOTW2 plus activity guide. I am not using it this year but will within the next two years. If its just maps I don't see a reason for getting the revised edition. Also the revised audio should be the same as the original shouldn't it? The site says nothing about new text in the new book.

NavyWifeandMommy,

I read also on the Peace Hill website the "revised" edition only had new maps, but when I went to amazon and compared the two audio cds the older SOTW 2 audio cd (Johnson) had 6 cds and the revised audio (Weiss) has 9 cds. So, I'm a little confused... and was thinking maybe there is some text changes??

Thanks for your help!