Menu

Uncle Josh's Outline Map Book -- yes or no

MariannNOVA

Opinions, please :D

For my third grade twins and my fifth grade dd, I am using Trail Guide to World Geo......dd 5th grade will also use Hollings' Literature through World Geo. Is Uncle Josh's Outline Map Book something good to have on hand to use with this subject matter. My instinct tells me 'yes,' but when it comes to curriculum:willy_nilly: I typically show restraint only if there is a '666' on the cover of the package or book! :glare:

feedback? thanks!

Do you plan on using the student pages that are available for the Trail Guide.. book? They are put out by the same publisher. If so (they were on sale for $12/level or $28 for all 3 levels) you do not need the Uncle Josh's maps as the student pages contain all the maps that you need (it even says that in the student pages intro). I'm not sure about what you would need to use for the Holling's books, but I do think that with a good google search you should be able to find what you need for free.

I recently looked into buying this resouce as well (like a PP I was wanting to purchase the CD-ROM instead) but decided that it isn't absolutely necessary and that there were other resources I'd rather spend my money on.