Menu

Anyone want to read Don Quixote with me?

Just wanted to say that I managed to read the whole darned book over about 5 months or so. If I can slug through it, you can, too. (just don't ask me about Crime & Punishment, okay?)

I tried, I really did, but I just could.not.read.it.

That's why I didn't post in the group. I was hiding under a rock, hoping noone would notice ;)

If you give me some time to borrow the book from the library, I'm all over this :)

I've always wanted to read it, but never got around to it.

Do you want me to drop you a note once I get the book, or just bump this post?

Get it when you can and then start. I don't think we have to all be at the same point. I'm just glad to know there are others on the journey with me.

I started off reading a chapter a day. That seemed doable since they are very short. Now I am trying to reading about 30 minutes a day. I've gotten far enough into it now that it is getting pretty interesting. I will say those first 40 or 50 pages were tough. real. tough. It is getting much better and I was actually sad this morning that I had to stop reading because I was at a good part. That's what made me think to ask others here. I know how hard it can be to get started on something that seems so daunting. Not to mention, I am sure at some point I will need some encouragement! :lol:

I don't really know. We could use this thread or we could start a social group. Anyone have any ideas?

I didn't start the group, but you could probably start a thread in A Reader's Group since no one else is posting there at the moment. Saves starting yet another group.

I tried, I really did, but I just could.not.read.it.

That's why I didn't post in the group. I was hiding under a rock, hoping noone would notice ;)

It's okay. I quit and posted it there. Newbie & I have discussed starting something else in Sept, so hopefully others will chime in next time with title suggestions.