Menu

Hi everyone! How has your summer been so far?

It's been so different this year! One son isn't home yet from treatment, one son is working 40 hours a week, I'm babysitting some days and taking dd with me, and I'm really anxious about working, ds going to college in August, and homeschooling again (well, not anxious about the actual schooling, but about getting enough income to do so). For the first time, college-bound ds will not go on vacation to his grandma's house in August (wants to work that week).

The whole "feel" is off--everyone in the family agrees. Very, very stressful.

Pockets of good stuff--so we hold on to that.

We had ds's highschool graduation weekend, went camping for 10 days, went for a long weekend to go to a wedding a 5 hour drive from here, and had the in-laws (whom I adore!) come visit for 5 days. So far it's been a great summer, albeit busy!

DS15 is gearing up to go to a Christian Boarding highschool because he loves all they do (outreach, work-study program, the month of March is Mission Trips) now. I'll miss him a lot! He'll go in August. (in short, the reasons he is going --there are no friends left here that have positive at least, or Christian especially, influence on him for him to spend time with. There's not a whole lot of anything that will move him forward in his Christian walk left here. There's more than one negative influence, so when he ASKED to go to this school, we did the research and agreed)

DS18 is heading off to a Christian University in the same town the wedding we went to was in. He'll go in September.

Then it will be just dh, dd and me left at home! That will be very strange! DD and I are looking forward to some mom and me time and I'll be able to better concentrate my efforts on her homeschooling, which she kind of needs right now as puberty hits! :D

In the mean time, I plan to get family portraits done and enjoy having all of us together for awhile longer!

Edited by Brindee

In April, we went on a 10 day vacation to AZ. All of the boys were sick-sick.

We went on a 2 week vacation to visit my parents in TN. My Dad had kidney stones (was in the hospital 3 times), there was a tornado warning/storm that blew trees down and caused us to lose power for 48 hours, and the upstairs tub sprung a leak rendering it unusable and dumping a lot of water on their kitchen table (while my parents were at the ER).

We were home for a week and a half, and then my in-laws arrived for a 10 day visit. There is nothing evil or sinister about them, but it was a 10 day visit. It seems my limit for company is about 5 days. They left a week ago Saturday.

We started school on Thursday, so we could get a good 6 weeks in before my parents come for a 5 day visit at the end of August.

It's too hot for my taste. There! I complained. I was not made for F100 and above. I am supposed to live by the ocean, of this I am sure! What am I doing in this place?

It's been a summer of some changes and hopefully also some growth.

lazy summer days :) yet chaotic b/c we're out of sync with the real world...we all just want to be lazy!

Making them come to an end, though. I started lesson planning for real today.

So now, summer is...not long enough!

Enjoyed a few novels. Enjoyed the beach. Enjoyed some friends. Actually spent time on the WTM Boards ~ a true luxury for me!