Menu

San Diego people: do you know any cheap ways to get to Honolulu, Hawaii?

Would it be cheaper for you to fly me out from Colorado :D?

(Seriously, I hope you're able to get him home to help!)

That is an awesome idea! Plan B. :D

This move is easier than leaving the island, but there are several times that I could use a transporter machine to help me be in two places at once. Darn technology lag. :glare:

Jo

Many many years ago....they used to have $100 hops to Honolulu out of LAX in the off season (summer)----grrrrrrr---can't remember which airline....that was about 8 years ago, before any 2001 and the airlines had so much trouble. But I just wonder if a travel agent might be able to find you some sort of off-season deal nowadays? good luck!

Don't know about San Diego, but I just booked us on flights from Tulsa to HNL for about $500 RT. We are flying United and I got them using Priceline's bid feature. I did just read that United will be increasing fares shortly because of lower than expected earnings this quarter.

]

Hope you find a good rate.

Many many years ago....they used to have $100 hops to Honolulu out of LAX in the off season (summer)----grrrrrrr---can't remember which airline....that was about 8 years ago,

Was this one way? I ask because when we visited Hawaii we found that we could hop to another island very cheaply--like $40. The catch was that the return flight (the only way off that other island!) was several times as much--$200 or more. So I wonder if a cheap hop from the mainland to Hawaii might look tempting in that way, but catch you in the pocket book on the return flight!

Have you checked with the AMC terminals? We had friends fly in on a military flight from SoCal earlier in the summer.

My dad is here now. I found the cheapest way for him to fly was to take a cheap flight to Las Vegas and then fly from Las Vegas. There are frequently good deals between Hawaii and Law Vegas. It is the eighth island, after all. ;)

But go to Google maps and google San Diego, CA to Hawaii... see how they tell you to go. That's cheap!

I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, and if there'd be something funny to see if I looked it up on google maps. So I tried it, and of course they can't give directions, as you can't get there by car, public transit or walking (the 3 options available). So I'm still wondering what you meant. :confused:

I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, and if there'd be something funny to see if I looked it up on google maps. So I tried it, and of course they can't give directions, as you can't get there by car, public transit or walking (the 3 options available). So I'm still wondering what you meant. :confused:

ohoooo!!

They don't do it any more!!

They used to have the computer set up to give directions going from Point A to the beach, take a kayak to the beach near Point B and so on.

A few months ago I googled Phoenix (where my mum lives) to Yokosuka, Japan (where I live). It took us kayaking through Hawaii.

Sorry, my joke fell short! :glare::tongue_smilie::001_huh:

Kris

I got directions on how to swim to London!

Total bummer they took that off!

To the OP: my brother & SIL normally plan their trips ahead so i have no tips. But i agree - check Vegas and possibly Palm Springs (easy drive over the hill). SOmetimes you can get deals that way you can't get otherwise.

Try kayak.com too! I got cheaper flights thru them last time over Expedia.

We fly between Honolulu and San Diego almost yearly (we live in CA, grandma and other family are in Honolulu)

Hawaiian Air is not on Expedia, but they often have cheap air fare.

It is usually cheaper to fly through LAX. The drive stinks, and your dh probably doesn't have wheels, does he? We do that at Christmas -- it is cheaper to drive, stay in a hotel by LAX, park the car for 2 weeks than it is to fly 4 from San Diego!!

A friend often gets cheap tickets through PriceLine I think it is --someone help me here with the correct name! I'm having a brain freeze. The place where you give a price and maybe get a ticket.

I didn't know you were moving. Are you leaving the Aloha state?

Good luck!

They used to have the computer set up to give directions going from Point A to the beach, take a kayak to the beach near Point B and so on.

A few months ago I googled Phoenix (where my mum lives) to Yokosuka, Japan (where I live). It took us kayaking through Hawaii.

Sorry, my joke fell short! :glare::tongue_smilie::001_huh:

It's ok--I still get the joke. :D

• 4 weeks later...