Menu

Our co-op used this through our public library last year. The class finished the entire Spanish program in one school year, but this was the 3rd year of Spanish for this group of kids (mostly 9th graders). The kids loved it, and the teacher thought it was very effective. I think a beginner would take longer to go through the lessons.

~

Leanna

Can I get more info on this program, please?

ETA: http://www.mangolanguages.com

right?

I'm sorry I can't tell you much, just have dabbled in it for a few days, but so far I like what I see. You just go in order through it, each lesson has vocabulary, rules of the culture (formal, informal), a condensed version, and longer version. They put a phrase on, and repeat it back, you translate a few times. And you can put the curser on each word for pronunciation, and click for help when you need it. So far, so good. This year I need it for first year language, so don't need a higher level.

Hoping more people that use it will post!

Here are a couple of reviews -- the first is from librarians while the second is from an individual.

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks Kareni!

So, I guess it would be ok for Spanish 1 with maybe a little grammar added. And 2200 words is a lot for Spanish 1, isn't it?? Maybe enough for second year as well.

Now to find a grammar program that a non Spanish mom can teach..... I looked at Breaking the Barrier, but right away, all problems are in Spanish....no can do!

Just throwing my 2 cents in--I used Breaking the Barrier for 3 years, through AP, and loved it. I've used a bunch of textbooks and this was the clearest, definitely helped me FAR more than any other system, including software/CD based programs. They have a section on their site devoted to homeschoolers as well: http://www.tobreak.com/homeschoolers

Do you speak any Spanish? I looked at Breaking the Barrier, it does look very thorough, but I cannot teach it because I don't know any Spanish. I couldn't even get through the lesson online, and the CD sample was spoken too fast.

It may work for us once we get some Spanish under our belts.... I did order Practice Makes Perfect and Madrigal for right now to go with either Mango, or an older version of Rosetta Stone we still own (got the dinosaur computer to work....).