Menu

WTM board lingo?

I see a lot of "hug on", "brag on", "love on" [insert person] on this forum, but IRL never hear anyone speak like that (you hug someone, love someone, brag about someone-- not "on" them). Is it a colloquialism? Or just a WTM board thing? Just curious... and I'm still trying to figure out the tea thing... (I know what it means, just not how "tea" came to be a euphemism for it.:D)

I see a lot of "hug on", "brag on", "love on" [insert person] on this forum, but IRL never hear anyone speak like that (you hug someone, love someone, brag about someone-- not "on" them). Is it a colloquialism? Or just a WTM board thing?

I haven't heard those terms on the board. I must not hang out in the right threads.

Tea, yes. I've heard that one. :)

Growing up on the west coast, I never heard "love on, brag on, etc.". However, after I moved to Texas, I heard all of these (and more:)). Now that I live in Alaska, I hear these phrases only from people who used to live in the South.

Anne