Menu

Quick Singapore math supplemental books question

Rainbows

Im getting ready to place my order for the Standards Ed Primary 1A & 1B HIGs, textbooks and workbooks

Do I need to order the tests too?

Which would be better...the extra practice or the intensive practice?

And are the CWP worth getting at this level?

Want to order asap so any replies would be greatly appreciated!

I think the CWP is valuable at any stage, tho I hear they are discontinuing them, much to my sadness. In the first grade, you can do them orally.

Intensive practice is also great, but I don't think you need it for the lower levels (1a/1b).

Extra Practice is not worth it unless you have a slower learner.

Tests are not necessary.

The CWP is fabulous, and IMHO the best of the Singapore supplements. I recently bought levels 3-6 because they're being discontinued. Extra practice is just like having another workbook. The intensive practice has harder, sometimes puzzlelike problems.

I've bought the tests for a few levels of Singapore. I've never actually gotten around to using them though. The Reviews in the Text and Workbooks seems to be plenty to figure out how the kiddos are progressing.

I really like CWP and IP. We don't do every single problem, but they are a great part of the program. I have no experience with Extra Practice.