Buying a computer online...

You would recommend buying a computer from:  

1. 1. You would recommend buying a computer from:

• Dell
    • Gateway
    • HP
    • Apple
    • Other

We need to buy a new desktop and two laptops to replace our current set-up. Mostly they all offer similar packages and prices, but what I want to know is: where have you had the best customer service and quality over time?

Our last couple of computers have been Dells, but we've had spotty service, though perhaps that is ubiquitous? Please help me decide where to start looking! We're really not Apple people, and I'm pretty certain dh would never consider an Apple, but I've included it in the poll because I figured I'd hear about it if we didn't!

We want to order some time this weekend.

We're really not Apple people, and I'm pretty certain dh would never consider an Apple, but I've included it in the poll because I figured I'd hear about it if we didn't!

Kay, I don't see a poll. :( (<-- never mind; it's there now. :)) ) We have Dells and have been pleased with the very little experience we've had with customer service.

We usually build our own but my husband's last laptop is HP and the service has been wonderful. It developped a problem adn he called them. They send FedEx with a box on Friday. Fed Ex picked it up on Monday afternoon (HP paid for all this shipping). It was back in the house Thursday morning repaired. He loves the lsptop too.

Thank you so much, all! Was busy at a seminar all weekend (and at church today), but came home... and we went with Dell. Ordered a new desktop (which will live in the kitchen, where we do school) and two laptops--dh got a royal blue one, mine is light green. I'm so psyched!:)