Menu

Scheduling our day...

LNC

Not going well! I never have time for art lessons and that is important to my children. Another priority though is playing outside all afternoon. We have a large homeschool family down the street and they have endless games, nature fun, sports, fellowship, and imaginative play outside from 3-5pm.

Here is our academic schedule - my special needs son gets on the bus around 8:30 next year. We need to start when he leaves - we started much earlier last year when his schedule was different.

Homeschool schedule:

8:30-9:15 CLE Math

9:15-10:00 CLE Language Arts

10:00-10:30 Daughter piano

Son read to Mom and CLP Phonics C

10:30-11:00 Son piano

Daughter CLE reading or Veritas novel guide

11:00-12:00 Boxes: #1 Spelling, Vocab, Writing w/ Ease

#2 Bible, Logic, & Geography

12:00-12:15 Lunch

12:15-1:15 silent reading on beds

1:15-2:00 Science

2:00-3:00 History

3:00-5:00 outside

5:00 clean up and help w/ dinner

5:15 dinner

Any ideas? I own 5 years of Artpacs and only the first 10 lessons of Artpac 1 are completed. I own Artistic Pursuits K-3 vol. 1-3 and 4-6 vol.1 and haven't done anything out of it. Should I just make a schedule and add it to a box? I hate to downsize our silent reading time bc of evening activities. Thanks!

Edited by LNC

I agree with cutting back on the history and science time. We do three days of history and two of science here. If you can't cut back that much, how about cutting each to just 4 days a week.

1:15-2:00 Art (Monday), Science (Tues.-Fri.)

2:00-3:00 History (Mon.-Thurs.), Art(Fri.)

HTH

Good idea - I can cut a day of science. I'll schedule art on Fridays. I read aloud every day for history so can't cut down on that one. Thanks!