Menu

High school...Can I really do this?!

Here is my schedule for 9th grade. I would really love some honest comments...too much...too little....High school is really stressing me out. I feel like I am missing something. We have always homeschooled but planned to send them to private school for high school and it just is not going to happen. So, I know part of my stress is just that our plan is changing. My ds is thrilled to continue to homeschool. Me? I don't know if I can do this.

9th grade schedule for ds

Math - Finish Jacobs Algebra and move on to Geometry

English - LotLR, 3rd yr AG, Vocab for the College Student

Science - Apologia Chemistry

Foreign Language - RS Spanish (co-op), inline Latin w/ Memoria

PE - HS basketball team, karate, jump rope team

History - Notgrass American

World View/Philosophy Class (co-op)

Extra curricular - Plays guitar for Sunday services

Any comments/encouragements?

Your plan looks great and very balanced! You can do it. On one hand, it's just the next step from 8th if you've been homeschooling all along. On the other, there is a learning curve for all of the hoop-jumping -- transcripts, tests, college prep, etc. Stick around, read through some of the old threads and you'll be fine.

HTH,

Lisa

And remember, high school is 4 years. It helps to have a plan, but you don't have to know Every. Single. Thing. Right. Now.

Of course, we've only done one year of high school, so I don't exactly speak from vast experience, but I've often found myself in a light panic, as if my dd is graduating TOMORROW, then I remind myself that we still have 3 years. :)

Your plan looks great! DD did Notgrass American last year and it was excellent for her. She did online Latin, too (not with Memoria), and she plays piano on our Sunday worship team.

Pray, pray, pray, and move ahead!