Menu

Intro: New to WTM and quasi-new to homeschooling!

Hey everyone - let me introduce myself and tell you a bit about my kids. I am a 37 yr old mom who just graduated from university with a Bachelors in English Education this past May. Married for over 12 yrs with three sons: 10, 7 & 3.5. The kids have been challenges and this journey has been different from what I expected. I apologize for the "novel" below but haven't had anyone to talk to about my situations and really need some people who have BTDT and can assist me in my preparations.

My oldest was a planned homebirth with no complications, until hospitalized at 1 week old with dehydration. Major nursing issues, finally he was able to take a bottle and seemed 'ok'. At 3 I had him evaluated by our local organization for motor and speech delays, everyone who met him would comment what a sweet child he was but that he seemed 'different'. DS#1 is large-boned, clumsy and a fairly laid-back disposition. The evaluators said he was mildly delayed in both but not enough to qualify for any programs.

In ps k his teacher told me that he showed many signs and symptoms of autism (not relating well to others, low eye contact, trouble transitioning) and recommended we go to our local agency for an eval. The dr there said his strengths and weaknesses mimiced autism but that he was much higher functioning than children with autism. He noted the low muscle tone, fine and gross motor weakness and attention problems. Finally he dx'd ADHD and suggested Concerta. The daily Concerta did help dh to not meltdown and handle transitions better in ps. His issues moved to the back burner at this time when the middle ds started having more issues. I was unable to get an IEP for ds#1, even with his issues he is highly intelligent and at the lower grades still getting all A's on academics. Without a different diagnosis or more problems in school they wouldn't accommodate him.

Middle ds was a planned homebirth but due to complete placenta previa was delivered by c/s at 36 weeks. From the start he was a failure to thrive baby, from 5lbs 13oz at birth to only 9lbs 4oz at four months. At that time with my mothers help I finally got him to start taking formula from a bottle (instead of the nursing and finger feeding) and he started gaining reasonably. Ds#2 never liked to be held and was a fussy child from the start. He has some asthma (a few stays at the hospital for breathing problems) and probably allergies that affected him. We noticed that his language skills seemed to be going forward then drastically backwards at time, from being able to say 'mama' at 10 mos to just wailing and moaning at 18 months. His ped's didn't see any problems except for the speech delay, we tried speech therapy (as much as our insurance would allow) but didn't see much progress.

Finally I got an apptmt at the county pediatric eval agency and they diagnosed a hearing impairment due to fluid in the ears (he had never had an ear infection diagnosed up to this age though we visited his ped regularly). Once ds got tubes his speech and language took off. He began the Speech Language program at the ps that fall when he was 3 years old. (This all took place only months after starting ds#1 on Concerta).

DS#1 continued to have motor issues and his social skills issues began becoming even more apparent while ds#2 continued catching up on his speech and language but the same fine motor issues and somewhat lesser gross motor issues became apparent.

We have had little to no insurance since ds#1's evaluation almost 5 years ago and have been unable to this date to get another evaluation of him. I recently began a handwriting program with an incredible OT who offers the HWT and she immediately affirmed everything I've been seeing in both kids. My oldest has the markers of HFA/Asperger's but a mild variety, it is complicated with SPD (he has always sought deep body pressure, propioceptive input) possible ADD (not ADHD) and, I believe, dyscalcula or some other NVLD. He is very advanced with an incredible vocabulary and high school level decoding/reading skills. He speaks like a "little professor" about the topics of his choice (usually a video game or book he is reading). He doesn't understand figurative/literal language or facial expressions until they are taught explicitly. Third grade was difficult for him, he began to be seriously teased by other children (name calling) and fourth grade just got worse. I was receiving weekly calls and letters home about problems in class, disrespect, not completing work, not being on task, alot of frustration on his part, followed up with 3 hours of homework nightly because he couldn't write quickly (remember the poor fine motor skills and handwriting). After a bad episode that involved him breaking some sticks in PE and spitting at other children I decided to pull him out of ps. I brought him home and we decided on AO SOS because he loves computers and it would allow me to check his work but not supervise entirely while I completed by college degree (the last semester was fulltime unpaid teaching at highschool). My disabled mother lives with us and monitored his progress, kept him company and tried to help him until I got home.

He finally completed all five sections of SOS but I felt that program didn't work well for him. He needs more concrete tools, needs to be able to hold and mark a text and needs more one on one teaching. With the hiring freeze on new teachers it's an easy decision to continue homeschooling my oldest.

My middle son has been doing ok in ps but I think I've just now realized how little he is getting. Due to his hearing problem he has had no problem getting an IEP and so gets special services at school like OT and ST once a week each, he has been in an inclusion classroom and has an aide who sits with him to complete most of his assignments. His teacher this year convinced me that ds#2 also had attention problems and we started him on a transdermal patch for ritalin...it was reported that he was ontask but I worried about him losing his appetite (he is still thin) and about other side effects. DS#2 was resistant to reading, in addition to ps I have used 100EL to work with him and the BOB books. He has 1st grade decoding skills but doesn't *like* reading. I have been reading classic books aloud to the boys on and off for several years trying to instill a love of books (which dh and I have).

After watching ds#2 with our OT/HWT teacher I felt convicted that he wasn't being taught properly at ps, not only are his academic skills behind but he is being trained to be disrespectful and thinks he can talk back to adults in a rude manner. I've never allowed this at home but he did this with the OT...it must be what he is learning at school. His unwillingness to work and a bad attitude aren't something that a second grade teacher at public or private school are going to be able to "fix".

DS#3 has a speech delay and at 3.5 is highly resistant to potty training. I've noticed some gross motor problems (can't coordinate well enough to pedal a trike) but is actually a bit better than his older brothers were at this age. I had his hearing checked and other than seasonal allergies and fluid from that he seems to be ok. We just have kids with these delays it appears. #3 is alot like #1 but I would say probably more functional and seems more socially aware, I see mild SPD, speech delay, motor skills, but no autism. Just a very strong will.

See my next post with questions about homeschool curricula. :)

Aylene,

Mom to 3 SN boys, 10, 7, 3.5

Wow, you were dealing with all of that AND going to school?!?!? I'm amazed that you are still upright.

Only on the good days Cassandra lol...I left out the parts about my grandmother (who lived with us at the time) being bedridden for 9 months when my second was a newborn. And now my mom (who still lives with us) going through depression and finally being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, Srojen's Disease and osteoarthritis, she has been on disability now for a few years. Her, limited, assistance is what has allowed me to go to school but, trust me, it took a few extra years. :P I stayed home with the baby fulltime for one year then went back to college part time afterwards. Just glad to finally be done - better late than never!

Have you applied for Healthy Kids? 2 of my kids have Ped-i-care, which is the Special Needs program of it (along with CMS, http://pedicare.peds.ufl.edu/ ). I have a BUNCH of docs in your area that take it too (Nemour's for one, but you can check the providers too). It's been "easy" to get the referrals i need for evals, we've completed Vision, OT, Auditory processing, waiting on SLP (from the Auditory), just got a Developmental Pediatrician appt and i haven't heard if they are going to do the Neurology i'm asking for without another PCP visit.

ANYWAY, we pay a small amount each month ($15 for 2 kids), and other than issues with getting glasses right now, it's been wayyyy better than i thought it would be. So do apply if you haven't tried.

:grouphug:

For my older son any suggestions on how to get him qualified with a "special healthcare need"? I tried to get him evaluated again this summer with the original doctor/service but due to funding cuts (no more grants) the cost to me would be $1200. :001_huh:

I do have some paper work to get him into a social skills group starting in August and was told the director of the group would observe him and recommend if he should get an eval through them.

For my older son any suggestions on how to get him qualified with a "special healthcare need"? I tried to get him evaluated again this summer with the original doctor/service but due to funding cuts (no more grants) the cost to me would be $1200. :001_huh:

I do have some paper work to get him into a social skills group starting in August and was told the director of the group would observe him and recommend if he should get an eval through them.

Has the local PS done a complete and thorough evaluation? If you request it, they will do a full battery of tests. Our ds just completed his, due to similar issues being reported from the teacher..my mother is an OT and she said to ask the school to do it - they did everything, speech, ot, behavioral, you name it.. It sounds like your son is in ps... have they not done a thorough eval? has it just been a long time, or are you looking for a second opinion?

Has the local PS done a complete and thorough evaluation? If you request it, they will do a full battery of tests. Our ds just completed his, due to similar issues being reported from the teacher..my mother is an OT and she said to ask the school to do it - they did everything, speech, ot, behavioral, you name it.. It sounds like your son is in ps... have they not done a thorough eval? has it just been a long time, or are you looking for a second opinion?

When I talked to his fourth grade teacher last fall about an evaluation I was told that the school psychologist was so backed up it would probably be a year before they were able to do any eval. Without an eval showing the issues that I see he wouldn't qualify for an accommodations, etc... I was so overwhelmed at that point with the weekly phone calls that it just became easier to bring him home.

Welcome!! Sounds like you've got your hands full! All four of my children are Asperger-ish, but only two have been officially diagnosed so far. My oldest is fairly high-functioning so she did not receive a full diagnosis, but she does have a lot of major issues related to Asperger's and many of the co-morbids (OCD, Tourette's, ADHD, LD's). My 2nd daughter is just plain awkward and shy. She has an Asperger's diagnosis and is highly gifted. My 3rd daughter is my most challenging child. She is about to start ABA therapy. My son will be 3 next month and we have ruled out classic autism with him so far, but still too young for the Asperger's diagnosis.

My oldest is very similar to your oldest. She has an incredible vocabulary and every time she opens her mouth she is either talking about her favorite computer game or a book she is reading or a book she is writing. Never anything else! She has atrocious handwriting and struggles greatly with math. I think you and I chatted on another thread about curriculum.

Anyway, glad you are here! You and I could learn from each other!

When we applied for Healthy Kids online, there was a checkbox that said, "Does this child have medical expenses more than normal?" They then called to find out what they were and made the determination that 2 of the kids qualified (1 because she has scoliosis) for the CMS path.

I'm not sure on what the STBXH did when he applied for them this time, but i know that is what happened when i applied for them.

I'd contact your local CMS office and see if there is someone to talk to there about it. Even if they got on the regular Healthy Kids, then you could take it up with your PCP and get a referral, then they would probably kick them over to CMS/Ped-I-Care. I'm not sure though you know?

All the applications go thru healthy kids/kid care, so i'd go ahead and apply. https://www.healthykids.org/

When I talked to his fourth grade teacher last fall about an evaluation I was told that the school psychologist was so backed up it would probably be a year before they were able to do any eval. Without an eval showing the issues that I see he wouldn't qualify for an accommodations, etc... I was so overwhelmed at that point with the weekly phone calls that it just became easier to bring him home.
Wow, she gave you the wrong number. Federal law says that parents can ask for evals. It will take several months once the paperwork is begun (like 3-4), but you had rights to ask for the evaluation and the school should have taken care of it. The teacher should have referred you to the special ed person or supervisor in charge and they would have set up conferences to get this done.

Now, some people go back to the schools and make them give their kids the evals. I chose not to with my son and went private.

Now to insurance. I know each state is different, but when I applied for medicaid for my son there was more than one type. He qualified for a disability based coverage just by using his OT eval reports. It took longer to qualify than the usual medicaid because it had to go thru a medical review, but that is all we provided. We did have to show that our regular insurance wouldn't pay for the therapies and our OT did that for us when she did her billing. We have had to renew each year by providing updated reports to prove need but htat has been easier since witht he medicaid we have been able to complete all the other assessments he needed to have a complete picture..

Down in my county they said it's a year+ process here too. They have to document for a year what they try, and then when it fails they can do further testing. That doesn't even take into consideration the schedule of the person at the school. But i can't remember the name of the "program" the schools are using now - it's posted in a thread of mine here though.

We actually can get it sooner because of what we have in hand, and honestly the fact that she isn't in the school system. This would be why i "purged" the name of the program from my brain! LOL!!

I used to teach in public schools and I know that was the case. The parent has to ask for the eval. There is a 14 day frame to schedule a meeting, then at the meeting they can decide to test or not to test. If they don't test they can determine how long to gather information abou the child. After that if they decide to test they have 90 days to do testing. Then 30 days to get you the results and decide what to do next. It can easily take the whole school year.

I know when my son started showing problems, I called our local districts for help. They were willing to test but put many strings on how they would do it, what they would do with results, what kind of help they would then offer, and so on. I know for certain that OT and PT were not included in the testing here although they might have done speech since it can stand alone in how they receive funding.

We have been very pleased with private testing. The psychologist was very receptive to our homeschooling, or at least treated us with more respect than the school ever thought about. She was also able to "chase rabbit trails" as they presented in the testing that the school would not have done. We began with our pediatrician giving us referrals after we presented our concerns to him.

To be honest, I had decided that in the big picture school evaluations weren't going to solve our problem or make his/our life any easier. My middle ds has/had a big IEP and got the "OHI" diagnosis from our ped to enable him to continue to receive services but the truth was that even with OT and ST in school he wasn't getting what he needed. I described ds#1 in detail and mentioned the lack of "diagnosis" because I know that he is kinda a special in-between kid. I always feel guilty or like I'm intruding when I bring up my ds to parents of a child with ASD - not sure that I really fit in.

I prefer to avoid being involved with the state paying anything for us because then I have to answer to them and be accountable to them. Meanwhile I am homeschooling my boys and grateful for being able to do that! :D

I am hopeful that the social skills group this fall will lead to more information about ds and perhaps a friend for him. He knows that he is "supposed" to have friends but doesn't know how to go about making them. I have always struggled with the same thing so I'm not much help.

Thanks for your input and ideas, I know everyone is just trying to help!:grouphug:

Edited by Verity

To be honest, I had decided that in the big picture school evaluations weren't going to solve our problem or make his/our life any easier. My middle ds has/had a big IEP and got the "OHI" diagnosis from our ped to enable him to continue to receive services but the truth was that even with OT and ST in school he wasn't getting what he needed. I described ds#1 in detail and mentioned the lack of "diagnosis" because I know that he is kinda a special in-between kid. I always feel guilty or like I'm intruding when I bring up my ds to parents of a child with ASD - not sure that I really fit in.

I prefer to avoid being involved with the state paying anything for us because then I have to answer to them and be accountable to them. Meanwhile I am homeschooling my boys and grateful for being able to do that! :D

I am hopeful that the social skills group this fall will lead to more information about ds and perhaps a friend for him. He knows that he is "supposed" to have friends but doesn't know how to go about making them. I have always struggled with the same thing so I'm not much help.

Thanks for your input and ideas, I know everyone is just trying to help!:grouphug:

I hope that the social skills group helps as well. We don't have one here and I know several kids that would seriously benefit.

I also understand about not getting involved with the state. We didn't want to either but had reached a financial point that we had to. We are also in a state that required standardized testing and my dh felt we needed to start having proof we were aware of the problems and that we had been doing something about it.

I am glad you are here now! Hopefully you can help us all out as we learn from each other and travel this path.

You might also see if there is a hospital with an autism center anywhere near you. In MO (where I live) there is only one in the state and that is University of Missouri. I'm not sure what the waiting list is now for an evaluation, but a year isn't unusual. The reasons it is worth it...

1) They are not so stupid that they would tell you your child isn't on the autistic spectrum because they are smart. (my ds has a 150 IQ and is ASD)

2) They WILL know how to help you get financial assistance. They WILL qualify you for medicare or any other state or federal program that is available. They know what these are and rely on them to keep their programs funded.

3) You will get a full range of specialists in one place that will not only diagnose but will lead you toward helpful treatments.

In the meantime, it sounds like you have had about enough of ps. I used them with my ds for preK-5th. We always had a diagnosis and IEP. They started out great. I was always an active advocate and it was effective for years but when they stopped serving him, we left. I think you sound like you are in the same place I was when we walked away. Your oldest needs to get out of the negative environment and start learning again. Don't be afraid to go for it.

You might also see if there is a hospital with an autism center anywhere near you. In MO (where I live) there is only one in the state and that is University of Missouri. I'm not sure what the waiting list is now for an evaluation, but a year isn't unusual. The reasons it is worth it...

1) They are not so stupid that they would tell you your child isn't on the autistic spectrum because they are smart. (my ds has a 150 IQ and is ASD)

2) They WILL know how to help you get financial assistance. They WILL qualify you for medicare or any other state or federal program that is available. They know what these are and rely on them to keep their programs funded.

3) You will get a full range of specialists in one place that will not only diagnose but will lead you toward helpful treatments.

In the meantime, it sounds like you have had about enough of ps. I used them with my ds for preK-5th. We always had a diagnosis and IEP. They started out great. I was always an active advocate and it was effective for years but when they stopped serving him, we left. I think you sound like you are in the same place I was when we walked away. Your oldest needs to get out of the negative environment and start learning again. Don't be afraid to go for it.

DOn't mean to hijack but I have a new question.

I have a friend that was referred to the Judevine Center for Autism in Missouri. Do you have any experience with that?

Thanks for the suggestions Debbie! I have really had it with public school, just as I finish my degree in Secondary Education I really understand how undertrained and overwhelmed those teachers are! I truly don't believe the ps can do more for my son than I can with the research and help that I can get.

It's just overwhelming trying to get all three boys on the same page! :lol:

Hi,

My name is Vanessa and and I have a 10 yr old son diagnosed with HFA/Asperger's. I know what you are going through and thought you might like to hear another AS story.

It has been a stressful, emotionally draining, frustrating, heart breaking roller coaster of a ride from kindergarten up until the last year or so. Like your ds #1, he was a sweet, very loving child, a bit clumsy, little eye contact, quirky, professor like talking little boy. I always knew something wasn't quite right, just chalked it up to personality and maybe his being babied. My oldest daughter was a girl scout when ds was about 4 or 5. One day I was looking up girl scout service project ideas on the internet and I came across a website that a little girl had made for Autism/Asperger Awareness. I had no idea what Asperger's was. I read the characteristics and I was floored! I felt like they had described my little boy almost to a T. So there began my research into HFA/Asperger's. I read everything I could and knew in my heart without a doubt this was what he had. I didn't seek an eval at the time as he was only in preschool and besides being high demanding emotionally his preschool teacher could handle him and was able to meet his needs. But then came kindergarten.

He had a really loving teacher. They would butt heads often and some days she would say "he had a horrible day today!" but she was understanding and loving and had a really good sense of judgement and ability to accomodate him and "choose her battles". Then her husband got sick and had to have a lung transplant. She had a sub for an extended period of time and it all went downhill from there. He went from loving school (he would cry when I came to pick him up at the end of the day) to my having to make my husband drop him off in the a.m. because he would not let me leave him. I knew something was going on with that sub. I started asking for an eval. We finally got one around the middle of 1st grade but by then it was too late. The teachers and principal had already decided he was just a discipline problem, that he was spoiled by me. I was told I needed to introduce him to "ol hickory" by a teacher. I was told by the principal he had an Emotional Behavior Disorder and she was pushing that he be labeled as such so they could put him in a classroom at the back of the building with other emotionally disturbed kids. She looked me in the eye and told me she didn't believe he had Asperger's, that it was a behavior issue, even after I had gotten an evaluation from the best Child Evalutation Center in the state. All I could do was cry. I had fought until I couldn't do it anymore. My husband wanted to sue, but I didnt have the strength to do battle emotionally. I pulled him out of ps instead.

My son went from the loving child he was in preschool, loving to learn, smiling, loving life to raging, physical violence, sleepless nights, anxiety, and fear of being away from me. It's not been an easy road. The first year we homeschooled was mostly about getting him to want to learn again. I made a lot of mistakes, curriculum wise, and structure wise, but that is what it takes to learn what works. We are now on our 4th year of homeschooling and I am ecstatic to say he is a different child. The best thing I could have done for him is bring him home. I even decided to bring my neurotypical high school daughter home for her jr. sr. year. The peer influences and pressure, drama were getting out of hand. I wish I had homeschooled from the beginning now!

We live in Ky so we have little to no resources for my son's Asperger needs. Actually right now we have none. We live in a rural area so seeing a developmental ped. would be at least a 2 hr drive, maybe 4. Something we really can't afford. I do the best I can with what I have. This year I plan to incorporate social skills training into our health program. He needs to learn how to interact with others better and learn better self control. We use a literature based approach to learning as he loves to read or be read to. We also use time4learning.com as a supplement and it is wonderful because it is computer based and he loves the computer.

I recently had a baby girl. WEll not too recent. She will be 2 in August. She is almost identical to her brother in her personality, mannerisms and loving nature. I see alot of the issues he had at her age in her now. It worries me to think about her having AS too, but at least now I know how to deal with it. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though, that it's just personality and not a disorder.

Sooo sorrry I wrote a book!! I just wanted to share my story and let you know I've gone through some things similar and that you are not alone in this adventure you have chosen. I also wanted to say Congratulations!! and props to you for taking the education and needs of your children into your own hands with homeschooling them. It's a very brave thing in my opinion, homeschooling in itself, especially with special needs kids.

Okay I'm done! I'm here if you need an ear. Just pm me or email.

GOOD LUCK!!!

DOn't mean to hijack but I have a new question.

I have a friend that was referred to the Judevine Center for Autism in Missouri. Do you have any experience with that?

Yes, in MO Judevine is a huge supplier of services for ASD families. They offer training for families - lots of it. They also offer some therapies and various support and social groups. I think some of the training costs money, but most of what they offer is free. They are also advocates and will help advocate or refer to local advocates for schools and other community resources. They definitely want to take that referral, get a case manager at Judevine and find out what their local Judevine has to offer!

Thanks for the suggestions Debbie! I have really had it with public school, just as I finish my degree in Secondary Education I really understand how undertrained and overwhelmed those teachers are! I truly don't believe the ps can do more for my son than I can with the research and help that I can get.

It's just overwhelming trying to get all three boys on the same page! :lol:

I can't even imagine having to start with three! I got to start with one and work up! You might consider starting with the one you consider to be in most desperate need and adding each year :001_smile:

The one thing I know is that removing my son from ps was the best thing we ever did. He was an A/B student and testing very high on standardized tests. It wasn't like he was failing, but they were failing him. Homeschooling has been the first time in his life he has liked school. He only has a few friends now, but they are real friends and no one is bullying him. He learns at his pace and knows he is smart instead of thinking he is dumb. Whatever you have to do, it is worth it. Anything I can do to help you get started, I will.

Hi,

My name is Vanessa and and I have a 10 yr old son diagnosed with HFA/Asperger's. I know what you are going through and thought you might like to hear another AS story.

Sooo sorrry I wrote a book!! I just wanted to share my story and let you know I've gone through some things similar and that you are not alone in this adventure you have chosen. I also wanted to say Congratulations!! and props to you for taking the education and needs of your children into your own hands with homeschooling them. It's a very brave thing in my opinion, homeschooling in itself, especially with special needs kids.

Okay I'm done! I'm here if you need an ear. Just pm me or email.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing your story! Sometimes with a SN kid it's sooo easy to feel like you are the only one who has had these experiences. I am grateful (and sometimes feel pressure to be grateful) that he isn't worse off, but at the same time it is so hard being right on the cusp and not knowing what I need to do to push him one direction or let him slide the other.

My youngest reminds me tremendously of the situation with my youngest son, he is soooo much like my oldest and I am concerned about his developmental delays. However, having been that route in two different ways with my oldest boys I'm extremely hesitant to pursue anything through the county. It all just means long drives, waiting in offices and not really getting anything useful. /sigh Man, it's tough being a parent!:lol:

Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing your story! Sometimes with a SN kid it's sooo easy to feel like you are the only one who has had these experiences. I am grateful (and sometimes feel pressure to be grateful) that he isn't worse off, but at the same time it is so hard being right on the cusp and not knowing what I need to do to push him one direction or let him slide the other.

My youngest reminds me tremendously of the situation with my youngest son, he is soooo much like my oldest and I am concerned about his developmental delays. However, having been that route in two different ways with my oldest boys I'm extremely hesitant to pursue anything through the county. It all just means long drives, waiting in offices and not really getting anything useful. /sigh Man, it's tough being a parent!:lol:

Tough doesn't even begin to describe it! LOL Ahhh but we are blessed, we truly are. :001_smile:

I can't even imagine having to start with three! I got to start with one and work up! You might consider starting with the one you consider to be in most desperate need and adding each year :001_smile:

The one thing I know is that removing my son from ps was the best thing we ever did. He was an A/B student and testing very high on standardized tests. It wasn't like he was failing, but they were failing him. Homeschooling has been the first time in his life he has liked school. He only has a few friends now, but they are real friends and no one is bullying him. He learns at his pace and knows he is smart instead of thinking he is dumb. Whatever you have to do, it is worth it. Anything I can do to help you get started, I will.

Well you could say that's what I did...I pulled the oldest out last fall about 8 weeks into the school year. The middle will start homeschooling this year and my youngest is 3.5 but a major handful! I just know that I will regret not at least trying this.