Menu

Hoping I don't bite right through my tongue!

My sister and I have very different views on childbirth. She knows it and I know it. Neither one of us is the type to hold our tongues. She knows it and I know it!

So why is that nut repeatedly calling me from the hospital and whining about her labor?!?!

I ask in jest b/c I do realize that she's bored and nervous and just wants to vent but, holy moly, this is a serious exercise in restraint, lol!

I should be a first-time aunt at some point today!!!! :D:D:D

:lol: I SERIOUSLY could not imagine calling anyone from the hospital while I was in labor. SERIOUSLY. I had all of mine completely natural and there was NO talking going on during this process.

I'm guessing she's either in early, early labor or drugged to the hilt? haha

Yes and yes!

My sisters kept calling me when I was in labor with ds#1. They'd call my mom's cell phone, and she'd just pass the phone to me. I have a very "need-to-know-every-detail-right-now-direct-from-the-source" kind of family. Fortunately (in this sense) I ended up needing a c-section that baby, and with all the others after him.

And they sort of frown upon cell phones in the operating room, so it's gotten me off the hook. ;)

Most of us have markedly varying, and strongly-held beliefs about pregnancy and childbirth. Heaven prevent WTM from launching a thread about the warring camps on this topic ! ! !

(I know, I know. Nobody has to read a thread.)

Just would hate to see yet another boxing-match thread.

My sister and I have very different views on childbirth.

Most of us have markedly varying, and strongly-held beliefs about pregnancy and childbirth. Heaven prevent WTM from launching a thread about the warring camps on this topic ! ! !

(I know, I know. Nobody has to read a thread.)

Just would hate to see yet another boxing-match thread.

If I wanted a boxing match, I would have come out and said "I can't believe she's doing X" or "She's insane for doing Y".

Instead, I'm joking around about how she's been calling ME (of all people) complaining about how her labor is going.

And, for the record, she was at 7cm an hour ago. :hurray:

I had the insurance company call me in the hospital while I was in labor. It is hard to explain to silly bureaucrats that you are sort of busy, in between contractions.

Maybe you could bring your sister a book or movie?

I wish. I'm in PA and she's in GA. I had told her I might consider hiring a private plane and parachuting down onto the hospital so I could direct her delivery but, alas, it just wasn't in the budget! ;)

Oh, dear. Carrie, I wasn't clear. I don't mean this thread. Not at all. I just feared that one would spin off from this one and go in an argumentive mode.

Congratulations on "aunt-hood" !

If I wanted a boxing match, I would have come out and said "I can't believe she's doing X" or "She's insane for doing Y".

Instead, I'm joking around about how she's been calling ME (of all people) complaining about how her labor is going.

And, for the record, she was at 7cm an hour ago. :hurray:

Oh, dear. Carrie, I wasn't clear. I don't mean this thread. Not at all. I just feared that one would spin off from this one and go in an argumentive mode.

Congratulations on "aunt-hood" !

I guess all of the "I hate such-and-such" threads have made me a little jumpy. ;)

I am an aunt, as of 3:27 eastern time!