Menu

Looking for a Spanish curriculum

Desert Rat

I'm looking for a new Spanish curriculum for the fall. We'll be continuing Latin for Children B as well. I really like LFC and was wondering if anyone knows of a spanish program that is similar or complimentary. My son will be in 3rd grade in the fall and is accelerated.

TIA:)

Have you looked at La Clase Divertida (The Fun Class!) Level 1 Kit with DVD

Lisa~

Have you seen The Easy French? She is a native French speaker and this program is really good. You learn the phonograms (sounds of letters) and learn much conversational french. There is a JR. program for younger kids.

The Easy Spanish I tried, and because she was not Spanish, and had someone translate her french program into Spanish, I found too many errors, and thus decided to wait until it was better edited.

How do you like La Clase Divertida? I just looked at the samples online and it looks like so much fun! how long does it take per day, how often per week etc. Would love to hear the good and bad.

lynda

We LOVE it! The time it takes depends on the child and what is being accomplished that day, but my daughter enjoys it very much! I do not have to ask her to do Spanish at all.

She watches the dvd every day, sometimes more than once! Day 1 she watches the dvd and we listen to the practice cd, day 2 she watches it again and begins activities, day 3 she watches it again *Ü* and begins the work book ( sometimes she does this right away on Monday, it just depends) Day 4 she does an activity Day 5 craft or cooking day and she loves to re watch the video and finish any written work. We daily listen to the practice cd and review vocabualry. She also goes over vocabulary her sister has from the Easy Spanish.

Typically though 1 lesson takes 10 days, but RyLee is 11 and is doing fine with 1 lesson in 1 week. She just watches the dvd over and over... *Ü*

Here is a link to video of RyLee during her Spanish time.

Los Vocales

Hope it works!

Warmley, Lisa