Menu

I need the hive's shopping skills for this one...

I need a pair of summery dress shoes or sandals for my dd. Here are the requirements:

Must be appropriate to wear with a nice dress to a summer wedding.

Silver color would be best, white might work if it's minimal (as in a strappy sandal), some colors of blue might work.

Moderate-low heel height, up to about 2".

(Here's the hard part) Size 9.5 EE or *extra* wide, regular wide sizes are still too narrow.

Price limit of up to $45{cough}, $30 would be preferable.

I haven't found anything locally, so Internet ordering will probably be the way to go on this.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but maybe someone here is a better shopper/hunter than I am! :001_smile:

Try Naturalizer. There may be a problem because their sandals don't normally come in as wide a range as the regular shoes, but they do come with adjustable straps that make up for it.

A second problem might be that selection is limited because they've been running sales.

But now that you've been forewarned, they are a possibility. And they do have some cute silver sandals this year.

I know! We looked at that exact page, and they have a lot of cute shoes, but I can't justify spending that much money on a pair of shoes for a 13yo.

She probably won't be wearing them very often, and maybe only a couple of times.

If you think she can actually fit into a D width if the sandal is sort of strappy, this place has a bunch of shoes that would work:

http://dyeablesshoes.stores.yahoo.net/encol.html

The fiesta is a nice shoe and comes in her size, but the price is a little higher than you want to spend, even with the 15% off.

Barb

Her feet are super-duper wide, I guess. None of the regular "wide width" shoes that we've tried in stores fit. :001_huh:

I will look at the Fiesta. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of spending so much money for shoes she'll probably only wear 2-3 times.

I wear a normal wide shoe and often sandals can be regular so you might be in luck. Also she might be able to wear a flip flop type dress sandal especially at her age. My dd has gold, silver, jeweled, ... We find some wide widths at Payless.

I wear a normal wide shoe and often sandals can be regular so you might be in luck. Also she might be able to wear a flip flop type dress sandal especially at her age. My dd has gold, silver, jeweled, ... We find some wide widths at Payless.

We tried on every wide at Payless...she can't get her foot in, even with the flip flops. :glare: