Menu

Do you use the umbrella/private/independent/charter school option to homeschool?

Do you use the umbrella/private/independent/charter school option to homeschool?  

1. 1. Do you use the umbrella/private/independent/charter school option to homeschool?

• Yes, I have to
    • Yes, I choose to
    • Yes, I have before but not now
    • Yes, I have before, am not now, but will be again
    • No, I don't have to
    • No, I choose not to even though it might be easier
    • No, I don't need to
    • No, I don't now, but will be soon
    • No, but it sounds like fun (Other)
    • Oops, I thought this was a political poll

We currently use a public charter cyber school in pa which uses a k12 curriculum. My ds is going into 2nd grade. Right it works for us and gives us enough flexibility to also do the things that I feel are important such a foreign language, etc. If it ever becomes a lot of busy work or impairs our flexibility, then I would not hesitate to do traditional homeschooling:)

The one great benefit to it is that I can say your teacher wants you to do this work;)

We have the option of being with an umbrella school and using whatever curriculum we want, or having a certified teacher(parent or paid tutor) do the teaching and using curriculum approved by the local school board. If I approved of the local yokels curriculum, I would have probably never opted to homeschool, ya know?