Menu

Repeat Info Request: Food Storage Resources

Some time ago I remember a thread that included info about sources for buying food for long-term storage. I've changed computers recently and lost all my bookmarks. Would you mind sharing some of the websites you know of for purchasing quantities of non-perishable foods?

Thanks!

Blessings,

Lucinda

We use emergency essentials. They've been having some great sales recently. We've tried several of their products and have been very pleased. One thing that I was concerned with and that I'm picky about is powdered milk and all the kids and myself liked EE's the best.

I guess I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Sites where you can purchase food? Sites with lists of which items and what quantities you should purchase? Ideas for storage? How long to safely store items? Just food, or survival items?

How about all of the above? The thread I read had a LOT of great information about food and storage resources online, plus tips for emergency preparation.

Wish I still had those bookmarks!!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Here is another site for bulk food storage items:

http://honeyvillegrain.com

and this is the LDS church's website, which also includes a food storage calculator:

http://www.providentliving.org/channel/0,11677,1706-1,00.html

If you look at the right side of the page, there will be a link to an order form for home storage supplies. You do not have to be LDS to order food storage items, or to use the dry pack cannery facilities.