Menu

The baby will turn 3 in November

momtolgd

He knows a lot of his letter sounds (thanks to The Letter Factory) and counts to 10 (and counts objects to 2, occasionally 3) now. He also enjoys the Lauri toddler puzzles we have. He is also learning his colors through his Thomas trains! He wants to do something like "school" since big brother and sister get to. What would you recommend for him once he turns 3?

I never really started anything until age 4 with the other two, but he is interested, so I am considering having something for him to do a few days each week as he wants to.

Some I was considering:

HOD Little Hands to Heaven

Letter of the Week

Any other suggestions or thoughts on either of these? Thanks. :001_smile:

We just recently started Letter of the Week with my soon to be 3 year old. I am ecstatic about all the ideas in the FREE curriculum! Well organized. I printed it off from the computer and placed it all in a binder. I was never too great about doing nursery rhymes with my older children, so I'm excited for the journey.

My very-soon-to-be three-year-old also likes to do 'school'.

I've found that a simple, storebought workbook fits the bill nicely. We do a page. It takes five minutes. She spends another ten coloring it to death.

Other than that she wants to sit in when I read to her brother, or color something if she is done with her page and brother is writing.

What you have decided to do sounds like plenty. It'll keep you both happy.

My 2 yr old will be 3 in August. She likes to sit in on what her 3rd sister does and tries to do what she does too.

I've found that she likes to do the Kumon workbooks, color and she likes to play a little bit with the computer. I'm looking to find something more toddler friendly. Right now she plays with the little game on Headsprout that teaches them to use a computer mouse ( my 3rd daughter is doing Headsprout right now). I've even copied some worksheets offline and used packaging tape to laminate them and let her trace her letters on that.

Legos and listening to stories. I've thought of giving Five in a Row a try. I may or maynot depends on time.

My 2 yr old will be 3 in August. She likes to sit in on what her 3rd sister does and tries to do what she does too.

I've found that she likes to do the Kumon workbooks, color and she likes to play a little bit with the computer. I'm looking to find something more toddler friendly. Right now she plays with the little game on Headsprout that teaches them to use a computer mouse ( my 3rd daughter is doing Headsprout right now). I've even copied some worksheets offline and used packaging tape to laminate them and let her trace her letters on that.

Legos and listening to stories. I've thought of giving Five in a Row a try. I may or maynot depends on time.

RockerTot loves his Kumon workbook. If I let him, he'd do it all in one day!! I've fought the urge to get him more yet because of his age (just turned two).

Tracy, we do Tot School, too!!