Menu

So, do I need the WWE workbook?

mindygz

I thought that it just made it easier for parents, but that everything I need to teach is in the "textbook"(WWE: Strong Fundamentals), but reading some other threads has made me think otherwise. I'm scrimping and pinching as it is, so if I don't *need* the workbook, I'd rather not buy it. I'm getting my "to order" list in order, so I'd like to know for sure.

Thank you!

Do you already own the textbook?

The workbook definitely saves you a ton of work - it's just open and go. Everything you need to know is in the text, but you have to find your own selections. I just bought the workbook - you don't really need the text unless you want to see the big picture of where it's all going.

I actually was just curious about that myself, after getting about halfway through the 2nd workbook, so I just got the textbook out of the library. I have to say I love where it's going! I think it's exactly what my younger dd needs. But I don't feel like I need the text on my shelf permanently.

So I guess I'm saying if you only had money for one (that's assuming you don't already own the text), I'd go with the workbook.

If you are using SOTW, then no. Just use those readings and questions, narrate, and choose either copywork or dictation (or both-copy one day, dictate the copy the second) Even if you aren't, it still isn't required.

Do you already own the textbook?

The workbook definitely saves you a ton of work - it's just open and go. Everything you need to know is in the text, but you have to find your own selections. I just bought the workbook - you don't really need the text unless you want to see the big picture of where it's all going.

I actually was just curious about that myself, after getting about halfway through the 2nd workbook, so I just got the textbook out of the library. I have to say I love where it's going! I think it's exactly what my younger dd needs. But I don't feel like I need the text on my shelf permanently.

So I guess I'm saying if you only had money for one (that's assuming you don't already own the text), I'd go with the workbook.

:iagree:

For my sanity, I got the workbook! Language Arts is not my strong area, so I'd rather let someone else pick the examples and tell me what to do with it. If your not afraid to pull it all together yourself, then I would say that there is enough information in the Text to pull it all together. It just seemed like more work than I wanted to do.