Menu

Apologia General Science

gingersmom

I just received my copy of Apologia General Science and I am thrilled with it. I am so excited to teach science!! I was a little worried because I was looking for a secular science program but this one came so highly recommend from even non-christian homeschoolers that I went ahead and ordered it.

Now for my questions-

How long do you take to go through a module?

How many times a week do you teach science?

Where do you order your supplies from?

I have been guilty in the past of waiting till the last minute to get my supplies and I am determined to be more organized this year.

Do you use any of the lapbooking stuff that they sell to go with the curriculum?

Do you do more "teaching" or do you let your child read by themselves?

Thanks!

I divide each module by the 'On Your Own' questions. All readings and experiments down to, and including, the On Your Own question/s is one daily section. Then I give two days for the the Study Guide and one day for the test. This way it takes 2-3 weeks for a module. At the moment, however, we are doing science only two days a week so my girls do two of those 'sections' each time.

Also, my kids are doing this independently. They answer and check their own 'On Your Own' questions, then I check the Study Guide when done, and mark the tests.

This is a great course. Have fun!

My 12yo dd will be starting General Science in the fall. What we have always done is to assign reading the module and On Your Own questions the first week (Monday through Thursday). The second week we do the experiments on Monday and Tuesday, study on Wednesday, do Study Guide on Thursday, take the test on Friday. It takes us two weeks for each module.

How long do you take to go through a module? it depends on the module. some are quicker and easier to understand than others.

How many times a week do you teach science? Everyday

Where do you order your supplies from? homesciencetools.com

Do you use any of the lapbooking stuff that they sell to go with the curriculum? no

Do you do more "teaching" or do you let your child read by themselves? both. I intro the lesson and go over the high points. Dd does a combination of reading and using the audio cd. We go over the questions together, discuss the sections, and do all the experiments together.