Menu

Managers of their Homes vs Motivated Moms

Ok, I get it. I think I need to be told what to do each day for now. Maybe someday I'll learn to follow my own schedule. I'm awesome at making schedules. I just can't keep them. I wonder if I'll be better at keeping a schedule if I have to pay for it. Motivation.

If price is an issue, you can Google and find a coupon for $1 off the Motivated Moms planners. I just did that about a week ago. Worked like a charm, and made the price even more affordable.

The price of Motivated Moms isn't really an issue. I'm sure my dh won't mind the $8 but he might mind more than that since I could technically make my own schedule. But, as I said before I'm not sure it would get done.

My dh is really good at planning, scheduling and getting it done. He just assumes everyone should be like him.

Kelly

The price of Motivated Moms isn't really an issue. I'm sure my dh won't mind the $8 but he might mind more than that since I could technically make my own schedule. But, as I said before I'm not sure it would get done.

My dh is really good at planning, scheduling and getting it done. He just assumes everyone should be like him.

Kelly

Honestly? I bought the MM's, and then used that as a jumping-off point to make my own cleaning calendar in the same format. I started by looking through MM's and putting down the jobs that were listed. Then I crossed off the ones that didn't personally apply to my situation, and added the ones that did matter to me. Then I enlisted my dh's help to fine-tune the jobs and decide how often they really should be done. I was surprised several times during that discussion about things he thought I didn't have to do as often as I was(clean the bathroom) and things he thought I should do more often (sweep out the garage). Then I took a blank calendar and wrote every single job in where it belongs, first the once per week, then the twice per week, then the monthly, etc, distributing the workload as best I could. Truthfully, it still looked like too much for each day, but once I started dividing the work up between me and my dc, it became much less overwhelming looking.

I used Word to make a document template for my custom "Motivated Moms" planner, and each week I amend it to add what's needed. I could just work from the calendar pages that I used to lay out the jobs, but I really like the MM's format with the check boxes, and the place for appointments, etc.

Yes, it's true, altogether I spent probably...about 4 hours, listing the jobs, making the frequency decisions, etc., but now I have a totally personalized cleaning schedule that works excellently for me!

I did *start* with the MM's though, and was very happy with how under control the housework seemed. I just knew the towels didn't need to be changed that often in my bathrooms, and that I needed to mark in "sweep spiderwebs down from porch" and "type up church bulletin" for each week.

As always, ymmv! :001_smile: