Menu

Can you suggest Independent Reads for my almost 3rd grader?

Coffeetime

I am needing boy book suggestions for my 7 year old for independent reads. To give you an idea of his reading level, he just completed Beverly Cleary's "Henry and the Clubhouse". What do/did your boys love to read at that age? I'd love all suggestions!! I'm trying to compile book lists right now not only for library trips but also to take when I hit used book stores/ thrift stores. Thanks!!:bigear:

YOu can look on other sites, like Heart of Dakota or Sonlight or FIAR, and look at the books they have for independent reading. Heart of Dakota you'll see the emerging reader set and also the DITHOR reading sets. You''ll see great read-alound packages as well. They all have reading levels on them. A great place to start would be DITHOR reading pack level 2.

We've been getting Dalmation Press abridged versions from Walmart for our ds. He's read Treasure Island, Around the World in 80 Days, The Call of the Wild and some others. They do cut a lot of the meat out, but at least the boys get the adventure and a few pictures to keep it palatable :)