Menu

Snow Day here in central Arkansas!!

It has finally snowed this year! It is only about three inches but based on the excitement level of my dc you would think it was a couple of feet. It covered the roads at one time this morning but the roads have already cleared (at 9:30).

School, of course, has been cancelled for the day. My dc have been out having snowball fights with the neighbors, and now are on the phone inviting friends over.

Yes, I realize all you northerners are laughing hysterically right now but we southerners have to have our snow fun anytime we can get it! I'm sure it will all be melted by tonight, so we have to make hay (and snowballs) while the snow is here. (Or something like that.) :D

we southerners have to have our snow fun anytime we can get it! I'm sure it will all be melted by tonight, so we have to make hay (and snowballs) while the snow is here. (Or something like that.) :D

I learned the hard way last year that I really have to let the kids out *while* it's snowing, b/c it most likely won't stick, and if it does stick, we usually only get 1/4". This was all new to me! LOL!

This year, it's "snowed" three times - the boys have been beside themselves over their good fortune!

Enjoy your snow day!

Dy

Over here on the Western side of Arkansas we got about an inch. :( However, ds8 is thrilled. The neighbor kids had to go to school, but their mom let them go late so they could spend an hour in the snow with my son first. It is already melted. However, just an hour south of me my parents have about 4-6 inches! And a bit east of us there is 8 inches. So strange. This Arkansas River Valley is not the best place to get a big snow.

Over here on the Western side of Arkansas we got about an inch. :( However, ds8 is thrilled. The neighbor kids had to go to school, but their mom let them go late so they could spend an hour in the snow with my son first. It is already melted. However, just an hour south of me my parents have about 4-6 inches! And a bit east of us there is 8 inches. So strange. This Arkansas River Valley is not the best place to get a big snow.

Hey, it's being reported that Russellville got 11 inches. That's a lot of snow for Arkansas.