Menu

DHs job...

How is that even legal??

Well, I don't know about the legalities of it but it happened to us. When you are the partner in a business and nothing much is happening, you can't pay yourself.

However, in this case, if there is much work there should also be some funds to make payroll or is this a case where the payments of clients have not yet caught up with the invoicing?

Then you need to file a legal complaint with whatever workers rights you have in your area. I have no clue how a company can just decide not to pay someone for a month and expect to get away with it. I understand if its your own business, or you're a partner, etc...but if you're a straight employee? Completely illegal, stone cold dead.

DH had a job he really liked, but it was not unusual for them to miss paychecks. We once went about two months without a paycheck and it was very, very hard. I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

When DH finally left this job, they owed him for vacation time. We had to go through the Texas Workforce Commission to force them to pay us what they owed.