Menu

Kefir vs yogurt

I just got put on Keflex for the next 5 days and I DO NOT want a yeast infection. So, which is better, kefir or yogurt?? I just started a probiotic last night, but Keflex "being older than dirt" (quote from the pharmacist) must be taken every 4-6 hours, unlike the newer more modern antibiotics. So, I cant get a good time span between probiotic and antibiotic. Suggestions??

I just got put on Keflex for the next 5 days and I DO NOT want a yeast infection. So, which is better, kefir or yogurt?? I just started a probiotic last night, but Keflex "being older than dirt" (quote from the pharmacist) must be taken every 4-6 hours, unlike the newer more modern antibiotics. So, I cant get a good time span between probiotic and antibiotic. Suggestions??

:lurk5:

I recommend Stonyfield farm yogurt which I read has the right kind of bugs to help. Kefir is also excellent. I try to use both to help strengthen my immune system. I read on a reputable web site, probably WebMD or the like, that yogurt like Stonyfield Farm can help to prevent colds. Since I have been taking it the past 6 months, I have managed to escape colds even when I worked in a high risk area as a RN:)

I believe kefir is better. Its also easier to make (doesnt need to be at a particular temperature- can sit out on the bench).

Ive stopped buying yoghurt- we just use kefir now.

However, I suspect you mean store bought- we cant get kefir in the stores here.