Menu

Will my dh cell phone work in Canada?

My husband's cell phone works fine in Canada.

Depending on your plan it may be expensive for him to call. I'd check with your provider.

agree.

dh flew into canada quite a bit several years ago --as far as Yellowknife-- and rarely had problems. A call to your customer service rep should be able to clarify service in teh area he'll be visiting.

have fun :)

It may depend on where in Canada your dh will be travelling.

I have the T-Mobile pre-paid phone and it works there. We drive up, and our phone loses coverage for about two hours in northern Michigan when we are still south of the border, then it picks up Rogers service (Canadian company) while we are close to Sault Ste. Marie (while still on the U.S. side). We have Rogers all the way from there into Sudbury, and have no problem using our phone. The charge is higher per call, but there are no technical issues with making or receiving calls.

Good luck!

You have to check with your carrier's customer service to be completely sure. The switch people have to change a character in your dial plan that will enable international calling. You sure don't want roaming charges, either, so you can ask them that, too! ;)

We live near the border in Detroit and my phone used to pick up the Canadian towers all the time even when I was in MI! I was constantly calling the cell phone company to get them to take all the extra charges off my phone!

But, dh has been to Canada a number of times and, yes, the phones do work there. We didn't have to do anything except call the number. It is expensive though - so definately ask about that!