Menu

It's summertime.....And time for neighborhood kid stories!

So, we supplied apples to our 2 girls and the little boy down the street. They fell on the driveway (which has been THOROUGHLY rinsed by the sprinkler) and we said, just rinse them off in the sprinkler and eat them. THe little boy was telling our dd to take them inside and wash them with soap. SHe came in and asked us and we did it. Not a big deal. Then we realized.....His mom works in a lab, where they research stomach stuff. Like, worms, cholera etc. Compare that to the parents of 2 girls who crawled around on a the floor of an orphanage for their 1st year. :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with being clean, of course. But when your 12 mo old passes a worm that is half as long as she is, well, your standards are just a wee bit different.

We used to use the "five second rule," then we had our youngest...

Now we use the, "does anyone have any idea where that came from" rule. IOW, if it's unrecognizable, it gets wrestled out of his hands and as much is removed from his mouth as possible.

I think my kids would've laughed at the idea of washing it with soap and water...

We used to use the "five second rule," .

It's an easy jump from the five second rule to grab and eat without thought. I lived in Mexico for a year and the things I saw in regards to food would make my mother die right now. I ate unbelievable things and I was the picky one.