Menu

Gourmet day at our house

Yeah, I can't believe she ruined Nature's Perfect Foods with vegetables. What kind of a rotten mother is she??? ;) :D

Cat

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My husband would definitely agree with you. He thinks veggies are foods for other people to eat so there's more protein and carbs for him.

We've had quite a few of those "gourmet" meals lately -- fish sticks being a fave...

HOWEVER, tonight, I actually shined: tilapia baked in foil with lemon and garlic, rice and green beans. Crazy thing was it took NO MORE time than the fish stick dinner!

The tilapia was frozen so I just placed it frozen right on top of a sheet of foil in a Pyrex. I sliced some lemon and squeezed onto each peace, then laid the slices on top, sprinkled some garlic powder (not salt) a bit of kosher salt, drizzled some olive oil, sealed up the packet.

The rice was in the rice cooker, and the green beans were frozen and nuked.

The girls devoured it! Too bad DH is working late. Heated-over fish isn't the best :(-

If you are addressing me :blushing:, then thanks! If not, then :blushing: :blushing:

Seriously the tilapia dinner was way easier than pasta and used way less dishes and much less prep time!

We're not a casserole family (well, I am, but I'm the only one who likes food mixed together!) so I have had come up with fresh-type food that is quick, tasty and healthy. I do mostly from-scratch cooking. Fish has become a BIG hit with our family. I never though it would, but wow, it's their favorite. In fact tonight DD5 said, "Mommy, this is what I want for my birthday. Except I want cake first." :lol:

If you are addressing me :blushing:, then thanks! If not, then :blushing: :blushing:

Seriously the tilapia dinner was way easier than pasta and used way less dishes and much less prep time!

We're not a casserole family (well, I am, but I'm the only one who likes food mixed together!) so I have had come up with fresh-type food that is quick, tasty and healthy. I do mostly from-scratch cooking. Fish has become a BIG hit with our family. I never though it would, but wow, it's their favorite. In fact tonight DD5 said, "Mommy, this is what I want for my birthday. Except I want cake first." :lol:

honestly, I was addressing the OP, but no :blushing: necessary. Your dinner sounds DELISH and more in the lines of what we typically eat here. Good job!

I felt bad tonight. I was just TOO tired to cook. I went out and bought cold cuts and sides. Now that's a reason to :blushing::blushing::blushing: